Follow posts tagged #the twilight zone tower of terror in seconds.Sign up
This Day in Disney History
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror opened July 22, 1994 in Hollywood Studios(then MGM studios) in Disney World. This attraction is one of the grandest examples of the art of a Disney themed show. Here are some facts about the attraction:
- The Tower of Terror is 199 feet tall, a foot short of the 200-foot height at which an airplane beacon would be required.
- It took 1,500 tons of steel, 145,800 cubic feet of concrete and 27,000 roof tiles to build the Tower of Terror.
- The Photoplay magazine found on the table near the doorway leading to the lobby features a blurb on the cover that says “Four Pages of Hilarious Star Caricatures by Walt Disney.”
- The child star in the movie played in the library is holding an original Mickey Mouse plush.
- If you happen to meet a bellhop with gold epaulets, you’ve found an original Tower of Terror Cast Member. It is a sort of badge of honor.
- The luggage of the missing hotel guest in the video can be found in the lobby next to the desk.
- The girl in the elevator is played by Lindsay Ridgeway, who also plays Morgan, Cory Matthews’ little sister on “Boy Meets World”