Feelings On The Korra Finale. *SPOILERS.*
Lot’s of spoiler guys. Because I have so many feelings. It was such a great finale, god, I loved it but it’s not without its flaws. I got a few criticism balanced out by all that I loved.
once again, SPOILERS. Don’t read ahead and then get pissed at me.
Things that I loved:
- The airplanes. I love love love the 1920s feeling I get from Korra, and those planes are so reminiscent of WWI fighter planes that I got a little giddy on the inside.
- General Iroh Jr. While I wished we would’ve seen more of his personality, he was a total badass. I liked how the guy is about to drop bombs on him, so he just fire bends the plane. I’m hoping that he’ll be a bigger character on the second season.
- Bolin. Because Bolin is awesome. “You’re a terrible father!” As he starts chuck rocks at Asami’s dad. Plus Naga seems to really like him. Bolin NEEDS more screen time. Please.
- Asami. Because Asami is also very awesome. Asami throughout the whole thing. She gets in the fucking mecha and smashes some planes. Plus her father, the only thing she had left, almost tried to kill her. Jesus. Talk about a harsh punishment? And even then, Asami couldn’t kill him. I just want to hug her and tell her how awesome she is, and gah, I love her.
- Korra in Avatar state! When Aang appeared, I nearly jumped out of my chair. And It was so worth the wait. I loved when the Avatars faded away.
- TARLOKK AND AMON. OH MY GOD. I REVELED IN THIS. REVELED I TELL YOU. I have a secret weakness for something, and that something is brother relationships. Plus, I knew that Tarlokk had a connection with Amon—hell, I even thought he was Amon at one point. I also felt so bad for the both of them. I actually went from hating them to…”oh my god you poor things. Come here, you need a hug. YOU NEED A HUG.” And the suicide? That was…that was something. Why did Tarlokk do that? Redemption? Protect the world from Amon? Revenge? What? It was. God. Probably one of the darker moments of the series.
Things that I didn’t love:
- Deus Ex Machina. Deus Ex Machina. The writers of Avatar and Korra like to use this a little too much. Avatar series finale, anyone? In Korra, she suddenly knows how to airbend? After months of struggling? Wow, and just when Mako is about to lose his bending! How convenient!
- Mako and Korra. How nauseating. The romance felt forced and it’s seriously hard for me to buy into their romance. Also, isn’t he still technically together with Asami? They’re break-up wasn’t very clear to me.
- Okay, so Amon takes away bending with bloodbending…how exactly? And if he does it that way, how is it possible for Korra to restore it? I’d like to know.
- And since we’re on the subject of restoring bending, I hate that Korra got her bending back. I hate it. Season 2 could’ve been Korra’s emotional journey and development, about how it feels to be a “regular” bender. Only wielding one element. I feel like would’ve been so great, and I feel like restoring her bending was such a huge cop out.
- And while I love the Tarlokk/Amon thing, this new backstory mades me question their old motivations. Like how Tarlokk hated blood bending but shameless used it later on his life?
- I really loved the finale but everything is tied up so nicely…it makes me wonder, what’s coming next? What will season 2 be about? I can’t wait for it but I am pretty curious.
KORRA SEASON FINALE!!! I DIE!! IT WAS TOO AMAZING AND FANTASTIC AND WONDERFUL AND DRAMATIC AND AMAZING AND AWESOME AND SPECTACULAR AND FABULOUS AND JUST........ ALL OF THE THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have to go watch all of ATLA and Korra now.
There are not enough gifs on the INTERNET to adiquately express all my feels. I AM DYING!!! IT WAS SO just…… AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.