Hunger Games Asks
- 1: what was your favourite scene in The Hunger Games (the book)
- 2: what was your favourite scene in Catching Fire
- 3: what was your favourite scene in Mockingjay
- 4: favourite tribute (in CF & THG)
- 5: favourite actress in the movie
- 6: favourite actor in the movie
- 7: favourite Book of the trilogy
- 8: favourite scene in The Hunger Games (the movie)
- 9: favourite person in the prep team
- 10: Peeta or Gale (for you personally, not Katniss)
- 11: on the ending of Mockingjay
- 12: that she chose Peeta
- 13: Prim's Death (whose fualt was it?)
- 14: Finnick's Death (how badly were you victimized by it?)
- 15: The Quarter Quell (rigged or not?)
- 16: on Coin
- 17: how the book was translated into the movie
- 18: on Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss
- 19: on Josh Hutcherson as Peeta
- 20: on Woody Harrelson as Haymitch
- 21: most heart wrenching scene in the books
- 22: most heart wrenching scene in the movie
- 23: favourite quote
- 24: favourite character
- 25: how YOU would have ended the books
- 26: your strategy for the games
- 27: favourite district
- 28: when did you first read The Hunger Games
- 29: did you cry ever while reading the books?
- 30: favourite song on the soundtrack
- Finnick: My life is finally getting beter. I'm married to the love of my life, we're getting a baby and there are chances we are going to win this war!
- Suzanne Collins: That's great!
- Suzanne Collins: Wait, what?
- Suzanne Collins: You are happy?
- Suzanne Collins: No!
- Suzanne Collins: Go away with your happiness.
- Suzanne Collins: I didn't write this book so you could have a nice life!
- Suzanne Collins: *kills Finnick*
Why I Ship Everlark. (Spoilers for Catching Fire and Mockingjay)
Someone asked me a few months ago why I ship Katniss with Peeta and not Gale.
I’d kind of forgotten and just said generally I liked Peeta better, which is also true. But the trailer renewed my passion for the books, and re-reading them all this week, I remembered why. The end of Mockingjay drove it home for me.
It’s not the moment you’d think - it’s not when Prim dies and we wonder if Gale is responsible. We never know if Gale is responsible and I think they could have worked past that eventually.
The point is that they didn’t. Gale leaves. He gives up on them. He goes to District 2 and he finds himself an awesome job. He leaves Katniss to her demons, leaves her to rot in a rocking chair alone in her house for months.
Peeta comes back to Katniss the minute he’s released from the Capitol. He comes back to District 12 and he goes into the woods and he digs up Primrose bushes to plant around her house in order to honour her sister. And you know what? The second Katniss sees him, she starts to get better. That’s something that even Katniss’ own mother didn’t do. Peeta loved Katniss more than anyone.
And the thing is, you can’t tell me that Peeta and Katniss also didn’t have issues that could have made their relationship impossible. That’s Gale’s reason for leaving. Peeta was literally brainwashed to hate and kill her. But he didn’t let that stop him from trying to love her.
So this is the real reason I ship Katniss with Peeta and not Gale: Gale never fought for her. He even says so himself in Mockingjay - he should have volunteered to take Peeta’s spot in the first games so he could protect her. But he didn’t. And it’s kind of a crazy thing to do anyway, but Peeta did, in Catching Fire.Peeta is that crazy about Katniss.
Peeta fights for her.