New Blawan (Hessle Audio) Remix coming To Teal
Syncopy (Blawan’s Tragt Mekanik) by tamarael711
Vicious Berghain-style techno cut from Hessle Audio’s uncompromising Blawan, in the form of a remix for the latest Teal Recordings signee, Beastie Respond. Shark-eyed percussion and warehouse bass reverberating off the chasm’s walls, this remix is bad to the bone. Cop it here.
27th August 2012
- 000LAET - VA (w/ Beastie Respond, SLO, WNCL) - Be Quiet, Witch Scene. Witch Hunt [TEAL] ♪♫ £$
- ACIDRA001 - The Bug - Can’t Take This No More [Acid Ragga / Ninja Tune] ♪♫ £$
- ANJDEE158D - Dusky - Stick By This Remixed EP2 (w/ Midland, T. Williams, Synkro, GoldFFinch) [Anjunadeep] ♪♫ £$
- CHST021 - District - Painting The Mind / Modulate [Chestplate] ♪♫ £$
- CKM004 - David Marston - Back In One Piece EP [Cool Kid Music] ♪♫ £$
- EDUBV001 - DFRNT - El Spirito EP [Echodub] ♪♫ £$
- EXIT042 - Indigo - Ayahuasca / The Root [Exit] ♪♫ £$
- FLY008 - Funkystepz - Dirty Fluxx EP [Forever Live Young] ♪♫ £$
- GHM004 - Sentel - Shut Your Eyes EP [Granholme] ♪♫ £$
- GOB006 - Mr Mitch - Tash Wax / Super Freak [Gobstopper] ♪♫ £$
- HYPE26 - Alex Jones - Higher Level [Hypercolour] ♪♫ £$
- KKDL002 - Stubborn Heart - Need Someone [Kaya Kaya] ♪♫ £$
- KOKESHI007 - Lung vs Alley Cat - Kokeshi Kompilation Album Sampler [Kokeshi] ♪♫ £$
- L2S085 - Clueless - VIP EP [L2S] ♪♫ £$
- LR002 - Fingalick - Foreplay EP [Loveless] ♪♫ £$
- MT029 - Mouse On Mars - They Know Your Name (w/ Machinedrum remix) [Monkeytown] ♪♫ £$
- NONPLUS020 - Basic Soul Unit - Swept Up / Mindstorm [NonPlus] ♪♫ £$
- REDL001 - Typesun - Heart Maths (feat. Guido) (w/ Peverelist remix) [Root Elevation] ♪♫ £$
- SMBL007 - Atlas - Cities EP [Symbols] ♪♫ £$
- TEC063 - Decibel - Decibel EP “For Julie Fontaine” [Tectonic] ♪♫ £$
- WOEVIL01 - Funinkevil (Kyle Hall & Funkineven) - Night / Dusk [Wild Oats] ♪♫ £$
Syncopy (Blawan's Trecther Mechanica)Beastie Respond
Beastie Respond - Syncopy (Blawan’s Trecther Mechanica)
TEAL006 South London Ordnance - Witch Hunt / Chase Scene
TEAL006 South London Ordnance - Witch Hunt / Chase Scene by TEAL Recordings http://bit.ly/WNUz67
TEAL007 Beastie Respond "Wait for me (feat. Alia Fresco) b/w UL90/Jetliner"TEAL007 Beastie Respond “Wait for me (feat. Alia Fresco) b/w UL90/Jetliner”
Kowton drops a Dirty Little Bomb
Dirty Little Bomb by Kowton
Copenhagen based Teal Recordings are developing a strong, no-bullshit identity on the dancefloor with a string of crystalline releases from WNCL, Hypno, Beastie Respond, and now Bristol’s Joe Cowton. What strikes me when I look at this label’s output is the narrative nature of the compositions; I can’t help but picture specific film scenes and cinematography techniques when listening to “Syncopy” or “Koko”.
This story-telling aspect becomes most prevalent, however, with Kowton’s “Dirty Little Bomb”: the camera is in slow motion descending a barren elevator shaft, intermittently cut with a hunched figure diligently tweaking a combustible creation for nefarious purposes at his work desk. Metallic brushes and bulbous bass pulses lock in like teeth on a rotor to the groove, as melancholic synths worms their way into your subconscious, adding a menacing dose of emotion where there was only cold, mechanical clockwork.
The original never quite explodes, although the drop into a paranoid vocal sample mid-way through lends the track even more weight and conviction; it’s as if Kowton is determined to carry out his dirty deed despite various reservations on the part of the bomb-maker.
Personally, I am enamored with songs that manage to build such tremor-inducing tension as “Dirty Little Bomb”, especially when the tautness of the groove remains uncut to the very end, and the listener is left no release. That is the definition of “keeping your attention”, and much left a gripping thriller, I am left greedily wanting more…in which case, I place the needle back to the start, and watch the film in my mind all over again.
REVIEW: Beastie Respond - Fictitious Nostalgia LP Sampler [TEAL007]
Testament to the globality of 170 Drum & Bass as we now know it that such a unique, spellbinding release can emanate from the Danish heartland of all places, a wonderful triumvirate of artist, label, and Kasper Pyndt’s icy, conservatist artwork.