Follow posts tagged #tea club in seconds.Sign up
- person: would you like a cup of tea?
- me: ooh lovely yes please
- person: how do you take it?
- me: strong but with lots of milk
- person: .....
- person: ....I don't understand.
- me: *silent internal raging that this happens all the fucking time*
- person: if there's lots of milk then it can't be strong
- me: *trying not to let weariness show* okay so the strength of the tea is completely separate to how much milk is in it
- person: ....
- me: the strength is how long you brew it
- person: ooookay?
- me: so just leave the teabag in a long time, and then put lots of milk in
- person: *regretting ever offering* okay
- me: *regretting saying yes but oh it's TEA I can't say no* thank you kindly!
A word about tea club:
Formally known as the Underground Tea Society, me and some friends formed this club when they stopped serving free tea at our school. We bought a kettle, spoons, sugar, coffee, hot chocolate, non-dairy creamer and several varieties of tea and now serve hot beverages out of our headquarters in the basement every break time.
We wrote our pledge on the back of the kettle and all the founding members signed their names, so if we are ever caught we’ll get the worst of it; but we are Brits and we need tea so it’s fucking worth it.
Club Rush was today! As per tradition, I tabled for Doctor Who Club and doodled fanart between getting people to sign up. I didn’t do much else, since I had class for most of the day, but I did sign up for Tea Club. A friend of mine was tabling, and also it is a club dedicated to the brewing and drinking of tea.