Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
Things To Remind Yourself When People are Never-Ending Shitheads Who Seek to Destroy You
- No matter how shitty you feel, you are at your best when you’re fighting.
- Take the place of your own heroes, it’s okay and they would be proud (video: be your own hero).
- Don’t get hung up on past heroes, they are gone, remember them for their complexities, their successes,and their fuckups. Nobody is infallible. Martyrdom is not something to aspire to.
- You’ll always have critics but if you listen to them, they’ll have you.
- However, there is no shame in learning from your mistakes. It’s beautiful to grow up and to grow old.
- Don’t waste time with friends you don’t love.
- Don’t fuck with fame vampires.
- Read more than you drink.
- Write more than you smoke. (You’re not an artist if all you do is smoke weed and reblog poetry, you’re just a person who smokes weed and reblogs poetry.)
- Don’t sabotage yourself. There are plenty of people who are happy to do that for you.
- You don’t owe shit to people who don’t make you feel loved.
- Your friends will carry you home and if they don’t, find new friends.
- Do not fuck with dream killers.
- You were probably right the first time.
- Congratulate yourself for surviving regularly. You can still stare into space and say “I’m still here.” and that should be applauded.
- Don’t apologize for protecting yourself.
- Be serious about your pursuits, but there is always some time to also watch Shiba Inu videos and eat chili at 3AM.
- Tell the people you love you love them regularly. You know you’re alive some nights because they love you. That love is the lifeboat in water that drowns.
- Breathe in and out and scream if you want to. Crying is ok too. You don’t need permission and emotions don’t make you weak.
- You’ll be fine.