Earth ~ stability, grounding, centering, food, wealth, crops, animals, strength, protection, nature, death, rebirth, nurturing.
- Direction: North
- Gender: Feminine, Receptive
- Colors: Green, Brown, Black
- Power: Silence
- Tarot: Empress, Emperor, The World
- Hour: Midnight
- Day: Thursday, Saturday
- Archangel: Auriel
- Kerub: Bull
- Herbs: Ash, Dwarf Elm, Hawthorn, Patchouli, Vetiver, Bald Cypress, Oats
- Stones: Amazonite, Emerald, Hematite, Jade, Jet, Lodestone, Malachite, Peridot, Serpentine, Turquoise,
- Season: Winter
- Beings: Gnomes ~ King: Ghobe
- Myth. Beings: Giants, Trolls, Leprechauns
- Zodiac: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
- Planets: Jupiter, Saturn
- Magick: Household, Money, Ancestory, Grounding, eco, Faerie, protection
- Tools: Pentagram, Rock, Hammer, Salt, Shield
- Positive Characteristics: reliable, punctual, stable, persevering, wise.
- Negative Characteristics: Greedy, Sensualist, materialistic, Narrow-minded, stubborn
- Symbols: Downward Triangle with horizontal line through bottom, circle with cross in center
- Chakras: Root
Air ~ Though, communication, travel, intellect, divination, freedom, joy, recovering lost items, abstract thinking, laughter, beginnings
- Direction: East
- Gender: Masculine, Projective
- Tarot: The Fool
- kerub: human
- Colors: Yellow, Clear, Sky Blue, Most Pastels
- Archangel: Raphael
- Active Hour: Dawn
- Day: Wednesday
- Beings: Sylphs ~ King: Paralda
- Myth. Beings: gremlins, pegasus, gryphons
- Hers: Aspen, Alder, Birch, Anise, Lavender, Acacia, Ceder Elm, lemongrass, mistletoe, mimose
- Stones: Mica, Pumice, Fluorite
- Planets: Neptune, Mercury
- Season: Spring
- Zodiac: Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
- Tools: Wand, Staff, Incense, Feather, Pen, Broom
- Magick: Study, visualization, divination, finding lost objects, astral projection, travel, telepathy, communication
- Positive Characteristics: Joy, humor, intelligence, intuition, diligent
- Negative: Gossip, boastful, spendthrift, untruthful, selfish, fickle, inattentive
- Symbols: Upright triangle with horizontal line through top, circle with dot in the middle
- Chakras: Heart, (throat and third eye)
Fire ~ action, will, passion, sex, anger, lust, energy, work, healing, purification, destruction, strength, protection
- Direction: South
- Gender: Masculine, Projective
- Power: To Will
- Color: Red, Orange, Gold, Yellow
- Archangel: Michael
- Kerub: Lion
- Tarot: Wands or Swords; Strength, The Sun, Emperor
- Active Hour: Noon
- Day: Sunday, Tuesday
- Beings: Salamanders ~ King: Djinn
- Myth. Beings: Dragon, Pheonix
- Herbs: Thorn, Holly, Oak, Basil, Cinnamon, Garlic, Spanish Dagger, Juniper, Sunflower, Chiletepin, Bay, Carnation, Cedar, Marigold, Dragon’s Blood
- Stones: Amber, Bloodstone, Carnelian, Citrine, Diamond, Garnet, Ruby, Tiger’s Eye
- Planet: Sun, Mars
- Season: Summer
- Zodiac: Leo, Aries, Sagittarius
- Magick: Banishin, exorcism, purification, tantra, sex, empowering, courage, protection, success
- Positive Characteristics: Energetic, enthusiasm, courageous, daring, faithful
- Negative Characteristics: stubborn, greedy, jealous, angry, resentful, holds grudges, vengeful
- Tools: Athame, sword, candle, flame, blood, guitar, drums
- Chakra: Solar Plexus
- Symbols: upward triangle, circle with dot in the middle, flame, circle with upward triangle in the center.
Water ~ emotions, dreams, compassion, love, sadness, psychicism, healing, rest, cleansing, dissolution, astral travel, death, rebirth, soothing, flowing, changing
- Direction: West
- Gender: Feminine, receptive
- Power: To dare
- Color: Blues, silvers, purple
- Archangel: Gabriel
- Kerub: Eagle
- Tarot: Cups, Moon, Death, Lovers
- Hour: Dusk
- Days: Mondays, Friday
- Beings: Undines King: Nixsa
- Mythological Beings: Mer-people, sea monsters
- Herbs: Alder, Hazel, Willow, Fern, Aloe, Lemon, Yarrow, American Elm, Myrtle, Bier, Violet
- Stones: Aquamarine, Lapis, limestone, moonstone, pearl, rose quartz, sodalite
- Planet: Moon, Venus
- Zodiac: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces
- Season: Fall
- Magick: Love, purification, peace, healing, psychic workings, fertility, emotional
- Positive Characteristics: compassion, loving, forgiving, sensitive, easy-going, modest
- Negative characteristics: overly sensitive, weepy, dependent, indifferent, lazy, insecure, frigid.
- Tools: Goblet, chalice, bowl, cauldron, ring, sickle
- Chakra: Navel (heart)
- Symbols: downward triangle, circle with line horizontally through the middle, half moon facing upward, waves
Birth Chart: Zodiac Signs and Planets and Whatnot
Everyone has each one of these planets to go with them and a corresponding zodiac (unless you were born on another planet or plane of existence). You will need your exact time of date to know most. For a free chart: http://alabe.com/freechart/
Rising Signs: Otherwise known as an Ascendant, is the Zodiac Sign that was rising on the eastern horizon at the moment you were born. The Ascendant is said to be the mask one wears in public… it is the first impression we make when we meet new people.
Sun Signs: When the sun enters a zodiac sign and is determined by the month you are born. Sun Signs will reveal much regarding our essential personality, particularly our inner self. It reveals the part of our personality that is our basic self, or who we are when we are not surrounded by other people.
Moon Signs: Represents your inner self, and help define our emotional development. It explains why we do what we do. This is where we retreat for comfort, childhood memories, and peace. This can also be the place where anger, hate, jealousy and fear may be found.
Venus Signs: This is what sign Venus was in when you were born. Venus represents the qualities of love, romance, sensuality, culture, beauty, affection and social appeal.
Mercury Signs: Mercury Signs are connected to communication, reasoning, intellect and awareness. Due to its affect on brain power, Mercury will show short term planning, observation and deductive reasoning abilities.
Mars Signs: Mars Signs take charge of basic sexual attraction, tempered only by the astrological houses they are placed in. They will influence how sex is approached, from cool detachment to hot intensity and everything in between. Mars makes us assertive, forthright and adventurous. It can also make us impulsive, rash, impatient and forceful.
Jupiter signs: Jupiter Signs are associated with luck and good fortune. Jupiter is optimistic, has a great sense of humor and is full of good will and mercy. Generous and tolerant, Jupiter helps improve one’s life.
Saturn Signs: represents challenges which make us grow up. Saturn represents restrictions, limitations, delays and authority. If you’ve ever heard your parents tell you they were doing something for your own good, that’s Saturn.
Uranus Signs: Represents change. Associated with innovation, technology and discovery, Uranus helps bring about progressive change in all aspects of our lives. Uranus is intuitive and sometimes ahead of its time when you are in tune with its energies.
Neptune Signs: A generation-based sign. bridge to all things mysterious, Neptune Signs slowly guide each generation to its destiny.
Pluto Signs: Another generation-based sign. Connected to transformation and life challenges. Pluto’s energy is subtle, yet strong. The results may slam you against the wall. While Pluto doesn’t wrap it all up in a nice neat package, things happen when this planet is around.
Asteroid Signs: Many astrologers use them in their charts to add extra knowledge to the signs they are influencing. The primary asteroids: Ceres, Juno, Pallas Athena and Vesta. Another cometary body that is large enough to be used in birth charts is Chiron, which is found between Saturn and Uranus.
Midheaven Signs: Your Midheaven Sign is the Zodiac Sign that was at the southern highest point above the horizon at the moment you were born. Relates to your career, reputation and social standing. These are your most visible achievements in the eyes of the world.
North Node: The North Node is an important pointer along the pathway of life. You’ll have to be willing to stretch yourself and move away from familiar patterns in order to meet the challenge of the North Node.
South Node: Reflects default patterns that you have brought from your childhood & previous lives that effect your life now. This is your emotional memory and how it “sabotages and saves” your life and influences your life’s direction.
For whoever doesn’t know about Cupcake Wars, there are two things we’ll get to see that might include cast members -
During the entire episode, they have a guest judge that is part of the special theme for that episode! They have to try all of the cupcakes each round, make comments about the flavors and say “witty” things that have to do with the theme ((basically they’ll make a lot of comments about how the flavors make them feel glee-ful or they missed a note with that one or something)) and joke around with the host of the show!
Then at the end they do show a bit of the party that the final display is at, which might give us clips of some of the cast eating the cupcakes or making comments about how delicious they are or thumbs up or whatever it may be!
So be on the lookout for both of those!
Hey guys, I'm going to shamelessly promote something I love, ok?
The How Stuff Works Stuff You Should Know podcast!!! This is my most favorite podcast I have ever listened to in my entire life. Seriously. Everyone needs to listen to Stuff You Should Know right now. On iTunes for free, here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/stuff-you-should-know/id278981407, or transcripts on their website: http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/hsw-shows/stuff-you-should-know-podcast.htm, also for free! Okay, I’m done now…I’ll be in the corner of shame if you need me….
“Can pizza boxes be recycled? Yes, as long as there is absolutely no food or oil/grease on them. Tear off the parts that have any food and/or grease on them and throw those parts away. Recycle any clean parts. This goes for all cardboard and paper recycling. Food and grease stained cardboard can contaminate a whole batch of recycling, so seriously, don’t do it. The details are in this article from Recycle Bank.”—