:: GET THE LOOK :: Vamp lips to warm your blood this winter!
Thanks to my good friends Isabel and Evelyn @ MECCA Myer Sydney for hooking me up with my very own take on Twighlight chic! I have been searching high and low for a merlot lip to kill and they knew just what i needed:
- NARS Velvet Matt Lip Pencil in ‘Damned’ (a deep blood red tone)
- Chantecaille Lip Definer in ‘Impression’ (a wine tone)
- Ellis Faas - Ellis Lips Creamy Lips in ‘L102’ (a plummy, wine, blood red tone)
How to do the statement lip - PRECISION IS KEY:
- Fill in the bow and line of your lips with Lip Liner (either the NARS or Chantecaille) - you can use a ‘join-the-dot’ method to get the perfect line if you are not confident with lining the full lip in one go!
- Fill your lips with pencil (this will ensure that if the lipstick wears away you are left with colour underneath)
- With a lip brush, fill in the lips with lipstick or stain.
- Blot with tissue and Reapply lipstick
- Clean up and define the line with pencil again
- Et voila! Perfect statment lip!
:: REMEMBER :: This look works best when the rest of your face is natural and minimal so go slowly and precisely - choose nude eyes, barely there cheeks and a dusting of colour rather than a heavy blush. Finally, make sure your brows are filled and you’ll never look back!”