ah. the sexiest saint. [NOW REBLOGGABLE]
- this one by Gerrit van Honthorst, for reasons which should be obvious (because it is the Platonic form of everything I love about St Sebastian)
- this one (okay, not actually a painting) by Antonio Giorgetti. because, I mean— look at his neck. look at his hips. look at his legs. that hand is going south.
- this one by Hendrick ter Brugghen, because, like, jesus christ look at his hands. and his skin tone. and the way his limbs are arranged. sex and death and sexy death, yeah?
- this one by Matteo di Giovanni. LOOK AT THOSE BEDROOM EYES. HE IS LITERALLY BECKONING THE VIEWER. come on.
- this one by Mattia Preti. that boy is daring
Godyou to do something to him, and he’s really hoping you do it, and he’s also really hoping it involves more arrows.
- HONOURABLE MENTIONS 4 Sodoma’s really pretty one, this one for the Strong Female Character Pose archers and Seb’s “really, guys? again? really?” face of extreme disdain (there are so many paintings of him where he just looks bored, it’s hilarious), Carlo Crivelli’s 1980s Shoujo Manga Detached Bishounen Love Interest St Sebastian, and Carlo Saraceni’s OH MY GOD YOU’RE NOT EVEN TRYING TO BE SUBTLE ANY MORE