Shower Cleansing and Renewing Spell
Liquid Body Wash
Undress, step into the shower, and wet yourself completely. Make sure your water is at a comfortable temperature.
Step out from the water, or turn the shower off if you need to, and cover yourself in soap, head to toe. Scrub yourself well, scratch off the old deodorant and dead skin, then put the shampoo in your hair, and scrub it just as well.
Charge the soap and shampoo with all your negative, stagnant, and unwanted or unneeded energy. Have it radiate all the things you want to rid yourself of, whether it be physical feelings, mental feelings, emotional feelings, energy, powers enacted on you, whatever.
Step back under the water, and let the negative energy run down and away with the water. Stand still, letting the excess run away naturally, then go to specifically washing away the soap in the less open areas. While you do this, chant:
I am clean and new,
for the day.
When you’re completely rid of soap and shampoo, take the conditioner, put it in your hair, and as you wash it out, chant:
Give me energy.
Give me strength,
to feel clean and fresh,
through long lengths.
Take whatever negative energy you have left, and charge it into spit. Then, turn the water off, and with the last bit of water flowing down the drain, spit into it, and then say:
Out with the old.
In with the new.
Dry off and get dressed. You should feel clean, cleansed, and renewed.
Rotten Apple Spell
This spell was made for someone who used her position of power to mess with people’s lives. The objective is to trap her ability to do harm and destroy it over time.
You will need:
An apple (mine was already slightly rotten)
Knife (if the knife is too big to properly carve the apple, get something else for that)
Pen and paper
Write the target’s name on a strip of paper, put it aside.
Cut the apple in half horizontally. You can make small cuts over the skin so it’s easier to have the string stay in place later.
I was worried that she might escape the spell’s effects for a particular reason, so on the inside of one half I carved “Scylla” and on the other “Charybdis”. Between each half I put the paper with her name.
With the halves together, I started reciting a small chant I wrote, stating her misdeeds and that for that she’ll lose the ability to harm her subordinates again as it rots with the apple.
Start wrapping the string around the apple, make sure the parts are strongly tied together when you are done and that the paper hasn’t slipped.
Throw away or bury the apple somewhere it can rot in peace.
Anthos' Spellbook -
A Brew to Ease an Emotional Crisis -
This brew is incredibly basic, and can be adapted to any situation by switching up the herbs or oils used.
After a particularly upsetting fight with her husband, a friend came to visit us for a few days to get away. She arrived, overwhelmed with emotions from the fight. I made her some tea, tucked her away in the living room, then scurried to my altar and cast this spell to keep tensions in the apartment from becoming unbearable.
- Bowl or cauldron
- Boiling water
- Bay leafs (dried)
- Lavender (dried or fresh)
- Chamomile (dried or fresh)
- Jasmine (flowers or tea)
- Rose petals (dried or fresh)
- First, tend to the immediate needs of the emotional person. In the case of my friend, I know she drinks jasmine tea when she is stressed (and jasmine is an excellent herb for depression, stress, etc), and so I prepared a large cup for her and made her comfortable in the living room with my fiance.
- Gather your tools and ingredients; don’t forget things like matches, your boiling water, etc., depending how much of the ‘set-up’ you do before spellwork, or as part of the spellwork. Set up your space as your tradition or inclination dictates.
- Set one bay leaf aflame. Allow it to burn out, and use the smoke to cleanse all of the tools and ingredients. Repeat, cleansing yourself with the smoke from another bay leaf.
- Pour some of the water into your bowl or cauldron in offering to whatever deities, spirits, or energies you work with.
- Calm yourself as best as you can. I found it effective to hold my hands over the steam of the hot water in my cauldron, relaxing my hands, and allowing that feeling to permeate the space around me.
- Take a large pinch of each ingredient and sprinkle it into the bowl or cauldron, stating why you are including it:
- Lavender, for calm and for soothing pain
- Chamomile, for calm and happiness
- Jasmine, for serenity and uplifting energies
- Rose, for protection and love (this stress came from love, so it was pertinent here)
- Cascarilla, for strength
- Take the remainder of your boiling water and pour it over the herbs in your bowl or cauldron, allowing the steam and heat to be the catalyst for the spell. Waft your hands through the steam to spread their effects throughout your space, envisioning it breaking down negative tensions in the space, but especially in the people for whom you are working the spell.
- Speak your intention out loud, and that the spell should continue to strengthen as it steeps, as a tea becomes stronger the longer it sits.
- Complete or close the spellcasting as your tradition or inclination dictates.
I offered a small prayer to Aphrodite in the working, as I am a Hellenic revivalist, and so I also included a few drops of my Aphrodite’s Blessings oil in the cauldron to aid with the stress of fighting with a lover. You may include offerings or ingredients similarly as you see fit.
I was a bit frazzled by my friend’s sudden arrival, and so I did the working without telling her (though I generally have her permission to do this kind of thing anyhow), and she remarked to me later that, while she always feels that our apartment has a lot of positive energy and is a calming space for her, she felt the calmness hit her all at once around the time I did my spellwork, rather than as she walked in as is usually the case. It bolstered her emotional strength during the remainder of the weekend, and she appreciated the work.
If you have any questions concerning this spell, you can contact me here on Tumblr or at email@example.com
Feel free to add this to your spellbooks, but please credit me (Anthos, at A Changing Altar) as the source.
SPELL FOR GOOD ROOM MATE RELATIONS
Hello! My name is Vince, and I’m here to share a spell with you tonight! So this one is pretty simple, but it works wonders (especially when you and your roomate agree to cast it at the appropriate times, but we’ll get to that later!)
Now for this spell you need the right conditions, namely an empty toilet paper roll on the roller in your bathroom. It has to be on the roller or else this won’t work! So, proceeding from there:
Step 1: Remove the toilet paper roll from the roller.
- This might be a little tricky, every roller is different! Make sure to familiarize yourself with the roller beforehand in order to get this juuust right.
Step 2: Put the empty toilet paper roll in the garbage bin
- Yes, it sounds strange, but bear with me
Step 3: Go find a new toilet paper roll and put it on the roller!
With this stunning conclusion the spell is now complete. I guarantee you’ll see a noticeable increase in your room mate’s demeanor over time as you cast this spell more and more; it aggregates quite nicely, so don’t forget to recast whenever the roll is empty!
That’s all I have for now, thanks for reading!