South Moon Under & Refinery29 present the "Let's Holiday!" DC-MD-VA Blogger Styling Competition
Calling all Fashiontonians! This challenge is just for you!
South Moon Under and Refinery29 invite all fashion bloggers in the DC-MD-VA region to participate in the upcoming “Let’s Holiday!” blogger styling competition. Contestants will compete for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes by submitting their best head-to-toe festive holiday styles using items from South Moon Under’s current in-store collections. The winners and their styled submissions will be revealed at the Thursday, December 15th “Let’s Holiday!” celebration in-store event at the Clarendon location in Arlington, VA and shown on the South Moon Under and Refinery29 DC web sites.
Contestants are invited to visit their local South Moon Under store to style a festive holiday outfit using the current in-store merchandise (no purchase necessary) between the dates of November 28 - December 7, 2011. Each contestant will be responsible for taking their own photo image and submitting it for consideration. Please check here for store locations: http://www.southmoonunder.com/storelocations.aspx
Entries will be judged by a panel of local fashion leaders to include Taylor Schlette of South Moon Under and Holly Thomas, Editor of Refinery29 DC, among others. Deadline for submissions is December 7, 2011 at firstname.lastname@example.org and must include the following:
URL of blog/online site
At least 2 images
DC Bloggers, are YOU the most stylist lady in the DMV?
As I’m preparing to head back east for the winter, I’ve been scoping out all of the hottest DC headlines coming up for Fashion Bloggers. Of course I’d never let this one get by without me passing it along to you, dolls.
Refinery 29 is teaming up with our favorite little shop, South Moon Under, to host a fabulous Holiday Styling Contest. Now it started on December 1, so clearly I’m about 6 days behind. But it ends tomorrow, heck 24 hours is more than enough time, right? (Deadlines are a thing that we’re all used to these days.)
- Stop by any South Moon Under store & Style your best Holiday Outfit using all of the current options in the store. *I was in on Black Friday and let me tell you, there is such great items in the store right now. [I’m actually pretty sure I got all of my holiday shopping done.] So classy.
- Don’t forget to take 2 photos of your looks and email them to Fashion@SouthMoonUnder.com along with your Full name, and your blog web address.
- THESE ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 7, 2011. (pst. That’s tomorrow)
- One lucky winner will snag a $300 Gift card to South Moon Under.
- Two of the Runner Ups will get a $100 Gift Card each.
- Everyone is welcome to come and celebrate at the Clarendon Shop on December 15, 2011 from 6pm-9pm. 2700 Clarendon Boulevard, Arlington; 703-807-4083
I was reading Stylesight today and came across African prints along with Native American and Aztec prints. Needless to say i am a huge fan of the trend. I can see it beginning to trickle into fashion, paired with the use of fashion brights and colors with strong contrast. The prints are eye catching and fun and perfect for spring and summer. They come in the form of dresses, shorts and tops for the daring, but for the people who need more time to accept the trend, start with bright statement necklaces and rings or chunky wooden jewelry . My favorite jewelry line House of Harlow offers tons of options to choose from that are eclectic and funky while retaining a modernity.Check the brand out at South Moon Under online or in stores!