Follow posts tagged #so proud, #one direction, and #amazingphil in seconds.Sign up
DAN AND PHIL'S SPEECH~
- Dan: For those of you who are wondering who the hell are these guys, we are Dan and Phil who have a show on Radio 1, Sundays, evenings, seven till nine, after the chart show… We’ve done quite a lot with Radio 1 over the last two years, doing things at the Edinburgh Festival and the Teen Awards, but some of the people in this room may know us as the two guys what do stuff on YouTube, I think…
- Phil: I also sat on my headphones on the way out here, so... now I don’t have to buy a new pair!
- Dan: Did you actually? …Of course you did, so erm… I guess firstly me and Phil… would like to actually apologise on behalf of the internet for causing the slow inevitable death of traditional broadcasting… sorry, guys, erm… yeah we would like to thank Alastair Parrington, Laura Maycoop and Jo Harlem from Radio 1 for finding and basically creating us, and of course Ben Cooper and Reece Hughes for being insane enough for letting us have a show and trusting us with a very expensive radio desk.
- Phil: Also Kate, Tom, Vicky and Roz who are our assistant producers… thank you very much for not going insane on one of the most technically ambitious radio shows I think ever made. But also the biggest thanks goes to Alastair Parrington, who’s our producer, who has been amazing, and also… I have some fond memories of Alastair, the first one is holding up a sign saying “Don’t say incest!” during our show. And also the moment when Reece was walking past me and Dan talking to our editor Jocelyn Stainer as we were discussing why #danwatcheswhaleporn was trending worldwide.
- Dan: We don’t talk about that anymore… but, erm, yeah, if we didn’t have Joss as our editor we’d have probably lost our jobs on week two, so, thank you very much, we love you!... Even though none of them are here, we’d like to physically thank the people that voted for us! Hey, sorry that Robbie has now followed loads of people on Twitter… that’s really awkward, but er… hey, thank you to everybody and maybe we’ll see you next year! Thanks.