Follow posts tagged #skincare routine in seconds.Sign up
“Requested: Current Skincare Routine”—
Some of you have been asking about my skincare routine, so I thought I’d do a quick listing of what I do and use, and see if it might be useful information for anyone.
I always feel the general rule of thumb is: If you can get away with less, use less. (Except when it comes to sun protection.)
Disclaimer: everyone’s skin is different, and what works for me might not work for you, so do always be your best judge and consult with a licensed dermatologist if you have severe or recurring skin issues that over-the-counter products can’t treat!
Skin care things I'm currently digging: 5tickyheels edition
I feel like at some point in time everyone on Tumblr shares their skin care/makeup routine so now it’s my turn. I read all of you guys talking about it so now
you have to read mine I’m going to share mine!
Putting it below the jump since most people PROBABLY don’t care.
My skincare routine.
So, I’m on kind of a skin care kick right now, so I thought I’d share my skincare routine. I crave simplicity in my life, so that’s why my skincare routine is so..simple. I hate 3 step systems, multiple products, just makes me agitated. Anyway.
I use St. Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub. (The one for blemish & blackheads, it’s the orange one.) I do this about 3-4 times a week in the shower, I get my face wet, apply it, massage it, let it sit for a minute, then rinse. Makes my face soft, I’m not sure if it’s helped my blackheads any, but hey.
My other exfoliating option, which I use for my body is a simple brown sugar scrub. I fill up bowl with however much sugar I think I need, add some olive oil to make it kind of a paste, and just use it in the shower to exfoliate my body. My skin feels AMAZING afterward. I do this once or twice a week. (I use it on my face also, but you need to be gentle, since it’s a bit abrasive.)
I use Dove’s Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar. It’s unscented and I use it for cleaning my face. Once in the morning, once at night, just get face wet, rub the bar in your hands to get soap, apply to face in circular motion, (I massage do the circular motion for about a minute.) Rinse with warm water, dab dry with a clean, white towel.
I use Dove’s White Beauty Bar for the shower. (Obviously I have a Dove obsession.) I love the smell, and it leaves my skin feeling clean without that icky, dry layer.
I use Biore’s Triple Action Astringent. Just apply to a cotton pad after cleansing and dab onto skin. I’m not sure how much I like this product, but I’ve only been using it a few days, so I guess I have to let my skin get used to it. It smells nice, which is a plus.
(Insert picture here.)
I use Neutrogena’s Clean Pore Cleanser/Mask about once a week. The directions say to clean face, then apply, let sit for 5 minutes then rinse. I let it sit for about half an hour until it gets hard, then I rinse. Leaves my face feeling nice. I really like this mask.
I also use an egg mask. Which is where you seperate the egg white from yolk, etc, etc. It works lovely.
My skin isn’t totally clear, but I am seeing an improvement. I also don’t use a moisturizer, because from my experience, they make my skin oily and gross. I’m looking to find one though.
That’s it. My normal routine is just the Dove & Biore though for morning and night, and when I shower the St. Ives. I’m also on birth control, which has helped my back acne tremendously. Water helps too.
Drip Drip Drop Little April Showers
As a make up lover, having dry skin can really get me down. I thought I’d share my tips for having healthy and hydrated skin.
- Find a moisturiser you like, preferably one that is as natural as possible. After years of searching, using expensive creams, I came across Dream Cream by Lush when a friend recommended it to me. I love it, it smells great and it’s basically solved my skin issues without having to resort to strong steroidal creams which can damage your skin over time. If you haven’t found the one, and you’re in the UK, this is one to try. A pot comes in at about £10 and lasts for months, I use mine all over every day, and its my pre makeup moisturiser too. It leaves the skin soft and hydrated without being at all greasy.
- Prep: try a brand like Clinique, whose products are fragrance free to prepare your skin to better absorb moisturiser. For example their ‘3 step system’ cleanses and prepares the face for moisturising and is non drying. Have a look here. I recently purchased the version with the ‘2’ clarifying lotion for dry skin, I was impressed as it exfoliates as a liquid so its not rough on delicate skin. I was able to pick it up for 30% off in a make up outlet, if you’re in the UK try Cosmetics Company Stores for great prices on your favourites.
- Hydrate from the inside: drink lots of water, if you feel thirsty you’re already dehydrated and that means your skin isn’t getting the water it needs! Also avoid any foods you know to cause you adverse skin reactions, I get especially dry skin if I eat soya, oranges, and sugar- weird I know!
Hope this helps!
Clean Up: My Skincare Routine
By no means do I have perfect skin, but I’ve settled on a routine that keeps things under control most of the time. Some of the things I use are really cheap as fuck, others aren’t, but nothing is expensive as fuck. Note that I have oily skin that’s prone to breakouts and blackheads, but not extreme acne. So if you have a similar skin type, you might want to try some of this out. It might not work for you, but it works for me.
Updated Skincare & Makeup Routine - KISS
As I read a lovely voguette’s theory on skincare - Keep It Simple Stupid, I gave thought to my own skincare routine and thought I’d share -
If I’m going out to run errands I’ll wear
- Rimmel The Max Volume Flash mascara (a Primped gift/goodie bag item from last year)
* Subtle Energies Rosewater Hydrosol*
The items marked with an * have been provided for review, I’m using them all currently so I can form an opinion on what benefits they offer my skin, some have already been reviewed and I like them so I’m sticking with them ;)
Skin Care Routine: Oily
This skin type is caused by the over secretion of sebum which causes the skin to attract dirt and dust. Since this skin type is more prone to breakouts, it is important to choose skin care products that keep the skin thoroughly cleansed and free of toxins.
My Current Skin Lightening Regimen
Ahhh, my face is burning! It must be the AmLactin. So I’ve been wanting to lighten my skin for quite some time now, and about a month ago I finally decided to do something about it.
My current skincare routine:
- apply Paul & Joe Intensive Whitening Essence on face, neck, and arms
- apply DiorSnow White Reveal UV Shield SPF 50 PA+++ sunscreen on face & neck
- apply Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunblock SPF 100+ on exposed areas (usually chest, maybe arms)
- after shower, apply Paul & Joe Intensive Whitening Essence on face, neck, and arms
- apply Burts Bees Sensitive Eye Cream on eyelids & under eyes
- apply AmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion all over body
- twice a week, MUAC’s 40% Lactic Acid Peel
My face and arms are definitely lighter since I started! Up until a few days ago, all I was doing was using the Paul & Joe’s Intensive Whitening Essence and a different moisturizer. My regimen could still definitely use some work… the Paul & Joe’s is my vitamin C treatment, but I could still use a plant based extract lightener, as well as being better about using sunscreen everyday, no matter the weather. (I usually only use it on sunny days, and not at all on overcast days.) I’m also waiting on my skin lightening soap to come in the mail, and then I’ll start showering with that. :)
I’m super excited to finally take my skin situation into my own hands. Once I have some good pictures, I’ll show you the color of my skin now, and hopefully I’ll have lighter results to compare it to in about 6 weeks!!
Skin care & make up routine
As requested by an anonymous, here you go! I exerted a good amount of effort on this one (although, it doesn’t quite show haha) but I really did! I took a lot of photos just to get a decent one and blah blah haha anyway, I hope this helps! :)
- 1. I use cetaphil as my daily cleanser.
- 2. Atopiclair as my moisturizer. I have combination skin, it sometimes gets dry or oily. For the past few weeks, it’s been kind of dry and I had an allergic reaction due to a sucky moisturizer I tried for 3 days, this helped clear my face out.
- 3. Rimmel as my primer. Since, the Atopiclair moisturizer gets a bit greasy, this primer balances everything out. It makes my face NOT shiny.
- 4. I have really dark under eyes, because I am a nocturnal beast. My normal sleeping time is 4am. YUP, I AM KUHRAZY. I use Garnier BB cream eye roll, since it’s not a concealer, the coverage is VERY light. It doesn’t do a good job in hiding them nasty dark circles. But, I opt to use this than a concealer because concealers tend to look cake-y. This one just looks natural. Therefore, dark circles still peek out. P.S. I’m starting to sleep early, I’ve been sleeping at 1 for the past few days *pats back*
- 5. L’oreal Infallible powder to set everything. Also, to avoid greasiness. Works great. I discovered this about three months ago only, and I’ve recently purchased the Infallible foundation too, I’ve used it thrice and it stays on well!! *recommended!*
- For cheeks I use this Benefit powderazzi set. It has three shades, Coralista, hoola and dandelion, I believe. I use hoola for bronzer and dandelion for the cheeks.
- 7. I’ve always used this Maybelline Magnum mascara (equivalent to Colossal —US version). It keeps my eyelashes pretty LOL and it stays!!
- 8. K-Palette real lasting eyebrows (stolen from my lola oops— bought in Japan) I only apply this on the middle of my eyebrow till the sharper end. My eyebrows are already thick and dark, but this makes it appear darker. I’ve been doing this for a month, and I really like the look of it. Btw, It works like a coloring marker. I think if I run out of this, I might just try using a coloring marker. haha
- 9. Chanel eyeliner. I apply this on the bottom lashline/water line only.
I really hope this helps anonymous!
BTW, hi to my new followers!! thank you for following! I’ll return the favor and I’ll be checking out all your blogs! Just a bit busy at the moment. :)
so whilst this is my personal style blog, i thought i’d make a post about my favourite skincare products to use. this year i have learned a lot more about the importance of having a good skincare routine, and how important it is to use good-quality products to look after yourself! so if you click “read more” i will post about a few of my favourite beauty and skincare products.