I have NEVER been so disgusted in a fellow Shawol then I have been this morning.
- Me: -at the asian mart trying to buy various goodies for weekend of fun.
- Shawol: -wearing a WHY SO SERIOUS shirt picking up banana milk
- Me: Oh hey, nice shirt! The Joker is one of my favorite villians and I love tha-
- Shawol: OH MY GOD ITS A KPOP THING I GUESS YOU JUST WOULDNT UNDERSTAND.
- Me: Oh excuse me. Im sorry that I dont know who Shinee is, or that my bias is Taemin. Im sorry that I dont know about Jonghyun getting into an accident, and sad that he wasnt in the music video, but happy that Taemin got more lines. Im sorry that I dont know who Jongkey is and cant ship them so hard all day. Im sorry that I dont know anything about their comeback and my ovaries dont explode when Minho whispers SHINEES BACK. And dont even get me started on Taemin and HIS BANANA MILK or Onew and his chicken love. But you are right, It must be a kpop thing.
- Shawol: ....
- Me: People like you make me extremely upset, Go home smalls.
SHAWOLS! I just want to say...
Lee Jinki has never been ours. The cute guy in the red varisty jacket who is on a date with an equally attractive woman, is not Onew but Lee Jinki. The person you see smoking a vape (no..it is not a pen), with acne and no make-up, is not an idol, but just a 23 year old who went through depression last year. Also, can you imagine, at that age, being afraid to openly spend time with someone you love?
I know it’s difficult, but I think Shawols need to open their eyes to the fact that the person they see on variety shows, music shows, concerts, is sweet lovable dubu Onew. But he is not Lee Jinki.
We don’t know Lee Jinki, so I can’t pretend I know what his feelings are. Lee Jinki is not someone who belongs to the fans, or someone that we know.
I know this news is making our fangirl hearts sink. But it’s about someone who existed before Onew, and everytime he peaks through from Onew, some of us feel excitement but also disappointment.
At times like this, I realize how much Lee Jinki sacrifices to be Onew for us. It makes me sad that because of Onew, Lee Jinki can’t properly experience the normal life of a 23 year old.
I think, although Onew is passionate about his work, being an idol can be so sad and lonely. He really gave up a lot of things, his family and love to a certain extent, and it makes me so sad but also I feel happy that he did his for us.
Thank you Onew for always being ours. Sacrificing and putting up with so much, and loving your fans so dearly even though we do crazy things out of love.
So Shawols, let’s support Onew throughout this with our shining Shawol hearts