“A catcall is entirely about reminding you that you are not yours. The purity myth is entirely about reminding you that you are not yours. The fetishization of female purity in a world where catcalls are an acceptable form of communication telegraphs one thing very clearly: “Women, stop sexualizing yourselves—that’s our job, and you’re taking all the fun out of it.” The sexualization of women is only appealing if it’s nonconsensual. Otherwise it’s “sluttiness,” and sluttiness is agency and agency is threatening.”—“Female ‘Purity’ is Bullshit”, by Lindy West (at jezebel.com)
Things I dont understand part 1
- Why do men get to have a say in women’s rights?
- Why do straight people get to decide if queer people can marry?
- Why do only white people get to decide if something’s “really” racist?
- Why does anyone who is not a part of a group try to make decisions for and about that group? Like what they can and cant do, what’s a “real” issue and what isnt, and whether they have a “right” to feel angry or not?
Ed Sheeran about Taylor Swift
“The rumour that she dates a lot of people is a misconception, because in the time that I’ve known her, which has been almost two years now, she has dated two people. Fact. And in her entire life, I think she’s dated around five or six people. I don’t like when people take shots at her because I do know her personally, and I think people get the wrong end of the stick. She’s so successful, and she’s so nice and sweet to everyone that she meets, there is nothing bad to say but she was being pictured with a lot of dudes.”
“I think it would be incredibly unprofessional and idiotic for me to [date Taylor]. To go on tour for six months with someone and hook up with them just before you go out on tour, which is what people think we did—that’s just a really silly thing to do, because the tour would be very awkward by now, and it’s not, so that’s that.” — Ed Sheeran May 09, 2013
Ed is having none of that bullshit anymore about Taylor. I love their friendship.
thanks again Anne
“it could be that this is some degree of sexism . m.i.a. had to deal with this with the respected website pitchfork.com where they assumed that diplo had produced all of her kala album without reading any credit list or nothing , it just had to be , it couldn´t have been m.i.a. herself ! it feel like still today after all these years people cannot imagine that woman can write , arrange or produce electronic music . i have had this experience many many times that the work i do on the computer gets credited to whatever male was in 10 meter radius during the job . people seem to accept that women can sing and play whatever instrument they are seen playing .but they cannot program , arrange , produce , edit or write electronic music . ”—Björk, on sexism in the electronic music genre
Sometimes I think about:
- how Missouri was originally supposed to have Bobby’s storyline
- how Anna was supposed to have Castiel’s storyline
- how big of a role Jo, Ellen, and the Roadhouse had back in S2—Sam and Dean spoke to them way more than Bobby that season—but Kripke decided he hated the Roadhouse and burned it down for some nonsensical reason
- how Ellen and Jo came back just in time to die fighting Lucifer, and how Castiel and Bobby were brought back when they died doing the same thing, but Ellen and Jo weren’t
- how Castiel and Ruby had parallel storylines once, and he’s brought back to life time and time again to redeem himself from all his near world-ending mistakes that he made with the best intentions, but she wasn’t given one chance to do the same
- how Bela knew even less than Dean when she made her demon deal, didn’t have a Sam to her Dean, had the people who were supposed to take care of her hurt her, had absolutely no one to rely on other than herself, certainly didn’t deserve to go to hell, was an interesting character who paralleled Dean’s own journey in S3 and could have done so much if they brought her back … but they never did
- how Dean was ultimately right for killing Amy (and emotionally manipulating Sam into agreeing with his decision to do so), but he was also right for befriending Benny and Benny got to be the only good monster because Dean’s always right and Dean said so
- (also how the only thing Benny did to define himself as a character outside of Dean was to kill Andrea for going through the same painful journey with blood addiction that Benny himself did and not living up to the perfect ideal that Benny built in his head)
- how they could have brought back Lenore if they wanted to explore this journey, but nope she was only in 2 episodes and in the second she was brought back to be unceremoniously killed off about a minute after she arrived
- how Lilith had to die to make way for Lucifer—the real big bad
- how Eve had to die to make way for Crowley/Castiel/Raphael who the fuck ever
- how Raphael—once he had a female vessel—was painted as a one-dimensional villain and killed off to make way for Godstiel
- how Naomi was killed to make way for Metatron
- how many women in general who have died for the sole purpose of fueling the cishet while male protagonists’ man pain
And I get really mad.
Life is sure good if you’re a white dude.
“The problem with Seth MacFarlane’s humor, as always, is that he’s almost always punching down instead of punching up. He’s picking on people who have always been picked upon, and he thinks he’s hilarious for doing so. What’s more, he’s making a lot of money from other people who enjoy that sort of thing. But that doesn’t make him funny. It makes him one of those fratboy douchebags who seem to be everywhere in life, even into middle age, making uncomfortably insulting wisecracks that always seem to end with the protest that “I’m just joking.” The result? The two white guys are the straight men in this bit. Everybody else—foreign, old, female—is ripe for the ribbing.”—Joel Mathis, “Seth MacFarlane’s Racist, Sexist New Show, Dads”
TRIGGER WARNING - rape apologism, misogyny, slut shaming, victim blaming
The following blogs are all from the same user. She is frequently reblogs from rape survivors to spew rape apologist, victim blaming bullshit. This is a trigger warning for people who may want to block her content.