“God likes you. Well, yeah, He loves you, so there's that. But God truly delights in you. He made you, and every inch of you is adorable to Him. Okay, yes, He doesn't like everything you do, and neither do you, so whatever. But God doesn't just put up with you, He actually likes you. God is your biggest fan. He likes your style. He thinks you're funny, He likes the way you dance, and He loves just being together and talking about anything and everything.”—Unka Glen (unkaglen.tumblr.com)
- Media: Look at all of these unachievable, impossible beauty standards that girls and women should be expected to meet!
- Magazines: This week - a dozen articles about why your appearance is flawed and inadequate and what you need to do to fix it!
- Advertising industry: You need to buy this new, expensive product to fix physical imperfections you didn't even know you had!
- Society: Girls need to be thin but curvy, innocent but also good in bed, assertive but not bitchy, good cooks, and don't even think about expressing a dissenting opinion. But if you just agree with everything a man says you're a doormat.
- Peers: Ugh, she's so fat. Did you hear about that girl who slept with the entire basketball team? What a whore.
- Guys: Why don't girls know how to take compliments?
- Everyone: Just be yourself and everything will be fine!