And you thought the microwave hallway scene was bad enough in the game. Well check out the novel.
- "Otacon." Snake said, his creaky voice escaping from a burning throat. "Are you...there?"
- Softly, I said, "Yeah, I'm here."
- On the verge of weeping, I forced my voice to steady. "I'm with you Snake. Now and always."
- "Why...did you...decide...to fight...alongside me?"
- I found it odd that Snake would ask such a question amid pain that would make remaining conscious a struggle. For a moment I was stunned, but I realized I needed to answer quickly and set my brain to work.
- Snake needed my voice now. To retain his senses while his body was destroyed, he needed something to hang on to.