Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
I respect fit runners and I respect overweight runners. I respect fast runners and I respect slow runners. I respect people who run 5 miles and I respect people who run 25 miles. I respect people who run in group and I respect solo runners. I respect shirtless runners and I respect fully clothed runners. I respect walkers, joggers, and sprinters. I respect female runners and I respect male runners. I respect young runners and I respect old runners. I respect winter, spring, summer, fall runners. My point is this: the first step out the front door is the hardest, and I respect anyone who takes it.
REASONS RUNNERS MAKE NO FUCKING SENSE
- 1: we spend our money on races that cause immense pain just so we can feel accomplished
- 2: if we finish said race and didn't put ourself through enough pain, we aRE MAD AT OURSELVES
- 3: the only way we are completely fulfilled is if we cause ourselves so much fucking pain that we dont know if we'll make it
- 4: we see other runners fainting or puking or falling across the finish line clearly in an extremely emotionally unstable and physically unhealthy place and we think "oh my goodness they are so admirable i want to be just like them"
- 5: we also spend money on pieces of rubber and fabric to put on our feet that have to be replaced every few months, tops
- 6: we convince ourselves that we need to spend money on five different types of rubber and fabric because some have less rubber than others
- 7: the more we run, the sooner said rubber-and-fabric-creations need to be replaced, but we always want to run more
- 8: when we get hurt we fall into this pit of depression, not because there is serious harm done to our body, but because we can no longer put ourselves through adequate physical pain
- moral of the story: WE ARE ALL FUCKING INSANE