Follow posts tagged #rpg, #roleplay, and #oc rp in seconds.Sign up
How do you create starters for characters who are shut-ins? I have difficulty thinking of circumstances under which this person would even leave their house, let alone interact with others for more than a brief moment.
Here are some ideas that will hopefully help you get started:
- There’s a power outage in your characters home, and they have nothing to aid them in the house, the air conditioning isnt working so it gets too hot, their food may spoil, etc. So, they need to go out.
- They’ve run out of groceries and need to go shopping.
- They need to mail a package.
- Construction is being done on the characters home or apartment complex and they need to leave.
- The internet isn’t working so they decide to go to a quiet coffee shop or place to get wi-fi.
- There’s a police investigation near your characters home. To avoid all the noise and ruckus your character decides to go somewhere.
- If they have a pet, their animal escapes the home, causing your character to chase after it.
- Their mode of transportation (car, bike) is broken. Thus, making them have to walk to where they need to go.
- Your character injures themselves at home and must go to the hospital. They’ll have to interact with people here for sure!
Hopefully these few options can give you some sort of idea. Think of environmental aspects that will have to push your character into the outside world.
Hope this helps!
Mobscene-rp: How to suck at being a decent person/admin.
I received a couple of messages about this roleplay, all of which have led to this post. While the person(s) who sent me this information did not outright ask me to publish this, I felt that I had to in order for others to both learn a lesson, and know what they would be getting themselves (potentially) into upon joining this roleplay. After all, that’s what my blog’s basis is all about: learning and being cautious of basic shit.
I ask that you reblog this, if you’re so inclined. If not, that’s fine too. Under the cut is what happened. Warning for derogatory slurs ahead.