Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
Skin and Hair Remedies & Summer Beauty Tips
Hi everyone! I’m sorry for the lack of updating, I am now settled within my new home in Virginia so now I can continue to go back to making tuts for you all. :) Now for a few hair and skin remedies that always necessary when your body needs a little pick me up.
- Oatmeal Mask
Oatmeal is excellent for your skin because it contains polysaccharides, a type of complex carbohydrate. When the polysaccharides are mixed with water, a gel like substance is formed, which when placed upon the skin, helps it from drying out even after it is washed away, leaving your skin soft, supple, & nourished. It also removes dirt in your pores because the saponins in oats help to remove all bacteria and oil and excess dirt.
Now then, for this mask all you will need is regular oatmeal plus water from your tap.
- Take a handful of oatmeal and place it underneath the running water, making sure all the oats become wet
- Slowly and softly, begin to scrub your face with the oats in a circular motion all over your face and neck. This will help increase blood circulation to keep your skin from appearing dull.
- After you feel like you have scrubbed enough, I usually do this for about 10 minutes because I like making sure I’ve gotten everywhere all cleaned out, wash your face with luke warm water and pat dry.
- Tada! Soft glowing skin. However, this isn’t only for your face, use it on your body as well when you take a bath.
Now since it’s very hot out, your hair tends to frizz up in the humidity. So, I’m going to teach you guys how to make a simple hair mask from a few simple things, the main ingredient being avocado. Avocado contains high levels of vitamins A, D, and E along with oils that prevent hair from becoming dry and provide hydration.
Things you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Plain yogurt
- First, take an avocado and cut it in half. Take one half and scoop out the flesh and place it in a bowl. Use a fork to mix the contents until it becomes like guacamole.
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil, one tablespoon of plain yogurt, and one tablespoon of honey. These items will all soften your hair so it’s completely silky after the mask is used.
- Mix all the ingredients together til it reaches a thick yet smooth consistency.
- Apply this throughout your hair & leave it in for about 20-25 minutes depending on how dry your hair is.
- After, wash out the mixture with cool water since hot water can damage your hair and dry it out.
- Towel dry your hair and see the difference!
So we all know it’s summer. It’s 4th of July weekend and I’m sure all of you are ready to bust out the bathing suits and get ready for that perfect tan. So, here are a few tips so you’re all ready.
- Always make sure to carry sunscreen in your fabulous purses; we want to look tan, not burnt.
- If you’re one of those people who don’t wish to get a tan but want to look like a bronze beauty, then invest in a bronzer. One I recommend is by Rimmel London since it’s a mineral powder, and won’t harm your skin.
- Purchase a waterproof eyeliner and mascara if you’re going to be heading to the pool or beach often for a dip. The last thing you need is to look like a raccoon after getting out of the water.
- Wearing a sun hat plus a cute pair of sunnies can protect your eyes and your hair, plus it looks completely chic. Also, make sure to wear clothes that are made of 100% cotton because cotton is able to breathe very easily and you’ll be able to stay nice & cool in the warm weather.
- Keep Clean&Clear oil wipes in your purse, it can quickly wipe any excess build-up of oil that is upon your face. After doing so, just pat on your powder for a fresh matte look.
I hope you all liked the two DIY tutorials and these quick summer tips. Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend!
Murray Spoke About Remedies Given To Michael Jackson : http://newish.info/10194-murray-spoke-about-remedies-given-to-michael-jackson
Let the experiments begin...
so i just finished some tinkering in the kitchen. you know, just some good old fashioned bubbling cauldrons, frog’s breath, worm’s tongue, dead man’s toe… the usual.
what did i end up with? the beginnings of:
1) chamomile tincture
1/2c dried camomile flowers
1 1/2c 100 proof vodka
1 1/2c boiling water
• chamomile is very calming. it’s used to improve sleep, ease menstrual cramps, relieve headache, and soothe frayed nerves.
I plan on letting it sit in a dark place for 2-4 weeks and giving it a good shake daily. same goes with:
2) nettle tincture
1/2c dried nettles
3/4c 100 proof vodka
3/4c boiling water
• nettle cures diseases and inflammations of the urinary system. it has a slightly laxative effect, so it recommended in detox remedies. nettle tea can lead to the decrease of blood sugar and is useful in eliminating viruses and bacterial infections.
• washing the scalp with nettle (leaves or roots) infusion helps regenerate, grow and thicken the hair as well as eliminate dandruff.
i also made:
3) calendula water infusion
1/4c dried calendula flowers
1 quart boiling water
• i’m going to let it steep overnight and use it topically to treat inflammation. it’s been working great to reduce facial redness.
4) calendula infused oil
• filled a 4oz container with dried calendula flowers and covered it in olive oil.
• i will have to let it sit in a sunny window for about 2 weeks, shaking it daily.
• this should work well on burns, cuts or scrapes.
5) my first attempt at making face moisturizer!
the oil free moisturizer from my esthetician Marywynn Ryan (found here) is wonderful. very light and doesnt make me feel greasy or cause breakouts. but…
a) it’s $24.
b) although it’s from her own line it’s not chemical-free. and
c) it’s on the nw side of town and not exactly easy for me to get to.
so here it is: exhibit a…
in a double boiler, i melted 1/2oz of beeswax.
•1oz of grapeseed oil,
•1oz of apricot oil,
•1 vitamin e capsule,
•10 drops of grapefruit seed extract,
• i forget how much ylang ylang essential oil
• 6 drops rosemary essential oil
• 6 drops peppermint essential oil
• a dropper full of calendula succus
i let it cool to room temperature (hastening this process by putting it in the freezer for a couple minutes) and put it in a 2oz jar (it made more like 3oz so i have some extra).
next time i plan on:
• adding the essential oils and calendula after it has cooled
• making it a bit smoother (it’s a little dense, more like a salve)
• not using peppermint essential oil… watery eyes!
• so i’ll use it for about a week and see what changes i need to make!
*info on the oils i used:
light in texture and is easily absorbed by the skin. perfect for normal to oily skin. has mildly astringent qualities, which help to tighten and tone the skin, making it a good cosmetic ingredient for anti-aging products. known to contain powerful antioxidants. noted to be especially effective for repair of the skin around the eyes, making it an essential to homemade eye serums. also works great for acne.
is easily absorbed by the skin, without leaving it feeling oily or greasy. helps fights fine lines and is revitalizing.
thickening agent, emulsifier, and humectant. emollient, soothing and softening properties and helps the skin retain moisture.
relieves anxiety, depression, decreases stress related blood pressure, inhibits anger, and decreases menstrual cramps. helps balance the skin’s sebum, leading to a healthy hydrated skin. beneficial to both dry and oily skin.
for more like this, see my shop