Follow posts tagged #relatives, #family, and #friends in seconds.Sign up
Dislikes about family gatherings with a baby:
- Everyone wants to hold your child.
- They act like they know your child and know exactly whats wrong with them when they cry or make a noise.
- Everyone kisses their head so when you get home they reek of 10 different perfumes.
- When I am shaking a bottle or pulling a diaper out of the diaper bag because I know that he is hungry or needs to be changed, and they continue to hold him and act oblivious to me standing there.
- Getting asked the same questions about him ten different times.
I like family get togethers, dont get me wrong. But I hate when relatives or friends of the family dont let me parent my own child. If hes crying, give him to me. Dont make up an assumption and try to solve the problem yourself.
Lowen let out a small cry and my grandmother held his hand and said “Omg hes freezing!” and pulled out a huge fleece blanket and wrapped him up in it. It was close to 80 degrees outside. He was not cold. Babies hands and feet are normally always cold. The rest of his body was warm and I know how easily this kid gets overheated, because I am with him every single day.
Its just annoying. Sometimes I think relatives need to take a step back and think, “Would I enjoy being told by my mother or grandmother whats wrong with my child or how to parent my child?” Probably not.