002. Site Update
Overrated is over 8 months old and we’re happy to say that we’re very much active and open with hopes of continuing to do so for as long as we possibly can be. The Wanted Characters forum is full of character requests waiting to be fulfilled. As it’s been a little over a week since our last update, the Admin team at Overrated has a few updates to share with you all:
- We’ve recently undergone an activity check and inactive accounts have been deleted. This means there are popular canons available for the taking. Don’t be afraid to drop on by and check the CANON LIST to claim the character you fancy the most.
- Nominations for Spotlights for the month of August are closed! Polls are up for voting. You can check out the categories and nominees in THIS FORUM. Please read the rules carefully before voting.
- The site wide event (Hogsmeade Faire) is still ongoing but is currently on its last stage: Bonfire Night! You can still make it in time if you hurry and register. We’d love to have you over!
- Slughorn has been announcing a Pre-Christmas Party! Of course, only members of the Slughorn Club were invited but where there is mischief to be had there are Marauders and they have come up with a plan to make sure everyone is invited. To read up on what the group of friends have been up to and what the party is all about CLICK HERE.
- We’ll be officially moving from November to December in a few days. There are plenty of surprises prepared for when this happens. You won’t want to miss them!
- The Wanted Characters forum is filled with canons and original characters waiting to be claimed! They have their own subplots and they’re linked with a lot of other canons on the site, so don’t be afraid to snag one if interaction is what you seek! Nothing is written in stone, so if you do have any questions about a particular subplot do not hesitate to ask any of the Administrators or Moderators. We’re here to help. As usual, the suggested playbys are not mandatory so don’t feel obligated to use them—just make sure to check the face claim to see if your play by of choice isn’t already claimed. We still have quite a few canons that we need to progress with the plot:
Frank Longbottom – The Golden Boy and Head Boy of Hogwarts is very much wanted! We’d love love LOVE to see him around. Everyone would shower you with love and affection if you do :3
Sturgis Podmore — also known as the flip-flopper. He plays all the fields and is only looking out for himself.
Lucius Malfoy — He’s one of our pivotal characters and needed for a lot of subplots. We’d love it if anyone showed his character some interest. There is already an application in the works but at Overrated we allow competition. You may apply for Lucius if you’re interested and the Administrating team will decide on the winning application.
Dai “Dangerous” Llewelyn — Another Quidditch player that we’re looking forward to interacting with. Please check out his ad for details if you’re interested. Whoever picks him is promised a graphic set and lots of love!
The Whitehorns Heirs
The Ollerton Heirs — Rosemary would like her brothers and cousin to interact with. Please check out their ad! You will get graphics, as much as you need them, if you claim any of the characters in the ad!
The Comet Trading Company Heirs
THE WEIRD SISTERS — we need the other three band members! Kirley, future guitar player for the band, is already taken and very much active.
MEAGHAN MUIR — Her Little brother is Kirley Muir, future lead guitarist for the Weird Sisters. He is taken and active and willing to plot!
THE FANGIRLS – There are two fangirls already claimed and active: Mandi McGill and Frank Whisp. You’ll definitely have friends to play with if you claim one!
Howler Gazette Journalists — we still need Mauve Macmillan & Jondi Macdougal
NIGEL STERN – The Marauder’s roommate aka THE MISSING 5TH BED POST OWNER OF THE BOYS DORMITORY. We’d love you forever if you picked up. By we I mean those who play the Marauders. SERIOUSLY. You’d get candy and graphics.
A NOTE ON COMPETITIONS: The Administrators at Overrated encourage healthy competition when it comes to canon characters. Even if an application is in progress for a character do not feel like you need to pick another canon if that is the canon you truly want. The Admin team will get together when the apps are done and decide which one is the most fitting for that character. Although we do allow you to post a “claim” it hardly means the canon is reserved. It merely works as a way to letting others know (including the maintainers of Overrated) which character is being worked on. Competing for canon characters, of course, IS NOT MANDATORY. You may pass up on the canon if that is what you want. Don’t be discouraged though! Please look around if your favorite canon is claimed. We have 100+ canons available not including all the Wanted Character Requests in the Wanted Character forum. Our staff is very friendly as are our members. We always reply to questions in the cbox so don’t be shy in reaching out to us.
Hope to see you soon!
Ratios & Statistical Standings
Current member standings: 73
Age of Overrated: 7 months
GRYFFINDOR - 18
HUFFLEPUFF - 18
RAVENCLAW - 17
SLYTHERIN – 20
BOYS – 39
GIRLS – 34
FOURTH YEARS - 5
FIFTH YEARS - 11
SIXTH YEARS - 28
SEVENTH YEARS - 29
We still have PLENTY of canons open AND we added more. Remember to check the wanted ads!
“Are there any differences in student performance between schools with small classes (as in students per teacher) and those with large classes?”—
Transposición de un arpegio que comienza en Cmaj utilizando proporciones (ratios). El algoritmo presenta unos cuantos errores de cents en algunas notas pero nada que afecte la musicalidad de la progresión. He aquí las notas comenzando en C
Una vez que termina esta serie el algoritmo transpone a D, luego a G con la misma proporción de notas. Aqui les dejo la imágen.
Poco a poco las matemáticas comienzan a mostrarse como un aliado… Eso es todo por hoy, nos vemos en el próximo post.
On Photographs And Aspect Ratios
Understanding aspect ratios in photography - from panoramas to the traditional 3:2 films used by millions worldwide
See this Amp at http://amplify.com/u/blu3o
That Awkward Moment When...
So Im at the Hospital, for my mom to get her knee surgery done, and I’m sitting in the waiting room, with my laptop obviously, and I look up to realize…it’s a 10:1 ratio in here. I am the only white person in this room.
I proceed to look into the lobby of the building…the ratio then becomes 30:3. Now I’m not racist by any means…but I’m slightly worried now since I’m dancing in my seat, with loud ass hip hop music blasting in my ears.
‘Sacred geometry involves sacred universal patterns used in the design of everything in our reality, most often seen in sacred architecture and sacred art. The basic belief is that geometry and mathematical ratios, harmonics and proportion are also found in music, light, cosmology. This value system is seen as widespread even in prehistory, a cultural universal of the human condition.
It is considered foundational to building sacred structures such as temples, mosques, megaliths, monuments and churches; sacred spaces such as altars, temenoi and tabernacles; meeting places such as sacred groves, village greens and holy wells and the creation of religious art, iconography and using “divine” proportions. Alternatively, sacred geometry based arts may be ephemeral, such as visualization, sand painting and medicine wheels.
Sacred geometry may be understood as a worldview of pattern recognition, a complex system of religious symbols and structures involving space, time and form. According to this view the basic patterns of existence are perceived as sacred. By connecting with these, a believer contemplates the Great Mysteries, and the Great Design. By studying the nature of these patterns, forms and relationships and their connections, insight may be gained into the mysteries - the laws and lore of the Universe.’