Folge im Handumdrehen Einträgen, die mit #quinoa, #healthy und #vegan getaggt sind.Registrieren
Looking For A Non-Quinoa Grain?
Try Millet instead of Quinoa
While millet might not currently be “all the rage” it packs 15% protein, is gluten free, high fiber, is full of b-complex vitamins and is relatively inexpensive and can be cooked and incorporated in to many dishes.
Also, you won’t be decimating the supply of quinoa for the people who relied on it as a staple to their diet for years. You also won’t be paying sky rocketing prices to do so.
More Gluten Free High Protein Grains (That Aren't Quinoa)
For folks asking
Here are some OTHER gluten free grains high in protein and vitamins:
- Amaranth 28 grams protein per cup (even higher in protein than quinoa AND millet)
- Oats 26.3 grams protein per cup
- Teff 25.7 grams of protein per cup
- Wild rice 23.6 grams of protein per cup
- Millet 22 grams
- Brown rice 14.7 grams of protein per cup
and I know this isn’t a grain but almond meal is super high too (24 grams per cup) :)