Follow posts tagged #questions, #ask, and #anon in seconds.Sign up
I finally found one that isn't lame and super long
- 1. If you’ve ever tried drugs or alcohol, what was your reason for first trying it?
- 2. Do you think you could ever have an abortion if you unexpectedly turned up pregnant right this second?
- 3. If you were far from home and needed to sleep for the night, would you choose to rent a crappy motel room for $60 or sleep in your car for free?
- 4. Is there a color shirt you’d NEVER wear?
- 5. Is there a situation where you caved into peer pressure and regretted it?
- 6. What is your favorite video game console? Why?
- 7. Do you like vanilla candles?
- 8. Have you ever been in a relationship that was going great, and then suddenly something weird happened and you just KNEW it was going to be over soon?
- 9. Would you ever bleach your hair platinum blonde?
- 10. What are your plans for tomorrow?
- 11. What did you have for breakfast?
- 12. Have you had sex in 2013 yet?
- 13. Who last slept in your bed besides you?
- 14. What time did you wake up today?
- 15. How long until your next birthday?
- 16. What was the last movie you watched?
- 17. If you could see any musician live, front row, who would you choose?
- 18. When did you last consume something that had peanut butter?
- 19. What’s the last song you heard?
- 20. When you say you love someone, do you mean it?
- 21. Do you plan on sleeping in tomorrow?
- 22. Do you still talk to any of your ex’s?
- 23. As of this minute, what is going through your mind?
- 24. Where’s the last place you went?
- 25. Have you held hands with anyone lately?
- 26. Has anyone let you down recently?
- 27. Does it bother you when people try to make you jealous?
- 28. Whats the next movie you want to see in theaters?
- 29. Do you have more than $50 in your room?
- 30. Are both of your blood parents still in your life?
- 31. Were you tired when you woke up this morning?
- 32. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now?
- 33. When was the last time you went apple picking?
- 34. Do you sometimes wake up in the morning, lay in bed and think about life?
- 35. Are you happy summer is coming soon?
- 36. Do you have drama in your life?
Here's some good ones.
- 1: Something you always wanted as a kid, but never got.
- 2: What’s your favorite lyric from the last song you listened to?
- 3: How did you meet (one of) your best friends?
- 4: How many times have you moved in your life?
- 5: What were your favorite and your least favorite subjects in school?
- 6: What is your favorite color?
- 7: A random story from the past year.
- 8: To who was your last text and what did it say?
- 9. Do you believe that you’re a good girlfriend/boyfriend?
- 10: What is your favorite work of art?
- 11: Who is your favorite fictional character and why?
- 12: When is the last time you had sex?
- 13: What is your sexuality?
- 14: What is one of your biggest turn-ons in bed?
- 15: What are some of your turn-offs in bed?
- 16: Most interesting place you’ve ever had sex?
- 17: Why did your last relationship end?
- 18: Ever been in love?
- 19: What was the worst injury you’ve had?
- 20: Do you consider yourself a good writer?
- 21: Do you consider yourself a good artist?
- 22: What’s something superficial you look for in a girlfriend/boyfriend?
- 23: What was your favorite stuffed animal as a kid (or now)?
- 24: What’s your favorite nickname for yourself?
- 25: What was the last thing you ate?
- 26: What grade did you get on the last paper you wrote?
- 27: If you’re in a relationship, what’s a problem going on in your current relationship? If you’re single, what’s a problem you’ve run into while being single?
- 28: Has anyone ever drawn a picture of you?
- 29: Do you regret kissing the last person you kissed?
- 30: Have you ever cheated on anyone? Has anyone ever cheated on you?
- 31: What are three things you look for, personality-wise, in an ideal relationship?
- 32: What’s your favorite ride at an amusement park?
- 33: Are you afraid of the dark?
- 34: If you started a band, what would you play?
- 35: How many kids do you want to have?
- 36: Name one of your most positive traits and one of your most negative traits.
- 37: What is your favorite word?
- 38: What’s something that’s been bothering you lately?
- 39: What is a compliment that you receive often?
- 40: Ask me anything
How would you define a Virgo??
Virgos are first and foremost logical people. They live in the mind which allows them to see things for what they really are (most of the time). They’re humble, loyal, down to earth…and yes, perfectionists! They can also be a bit stubborn, defensive, critical of others (and themselves) and prone to worry.
Misquotations & Sadness
It seems that my Typewriter Poem today is causing some confusion, and that confusion makes me sad and shows the nature of things that can occur on the Internet from time to time. My poem was originally an ALL Original text poem that I posted almost 2 years ago to the day. Here is the original post:
as well as the corresponding Tweet that went with it
Somehow, on GoodReads.com, someone misquoted this as belonging to a poet, Derrick Brown. Now, I am being emailed and accused constantly today of being an artist that “steals” other artists work. Never have I ever, never would I ever, and the thought that I would I find offensive. With the exception of Music, or the random amazing quotation or Charity post, I do not even Reblog on my site, in an attempt to keep it completely original content. I always have, I always will.
So, for those that stood up for me, thank you, for those that accused and attacked, I am sorry you were so quick to jump overboard on a ship that was never sinking to begin with.
How do I address this from here? Any ideas?
Children's Illustration Style: Trial & Error
So apparently tumblr is the worst & I can’t publicly answer questions on this blog, since technically my photo blog is my primary blog which can’t be changed? (Unless someone knows some trick. I am not usually ignorant about web things but tumblr is, well, the worst.)
So just so you know, this post is in response to a question from solemnlysweet about whether it took me a while to develop my children’s illustration style or if I’ve always stylized characters that way.
It definitely took some trial and error to get to my current children’s illustration style. I actually never decided that I wanted to do children’s illustration or start working in this style… I completely avoided drawing ANY characters for most of college, because in high school I’d drawn only anime, and then when I decided I wanted to be a graphic designer/illustrator I completely quit anime all at once, and was afraid to draw people or characters at all, because I didn’t want the anime influence to show through. Finally in one class an instructor specifically asked me to include characters, so I went for anthropomorphic ones because I still was not comfortable drawing people. It was a gouache assignment:
The characters were pretty sloppy, but I liked their overall proportions and thought it was fun to work with them and invent little activities for them to do. But it was a whole year later before I worked with any again and did this ink+digital piece for a different class:
Again, I enjoyed creating the scene, but didn’t feel that I’d developed a very solid style, and was more focused on my non-children’s work. A few months later I did this little sketch in class, honestly kind of just procrastinating from my real assignment:
(I distinctly remember feeling inspired by this Badger piece by my favorite illustrator, Carson Ellis, when I did that sketch)
I liked my little sketch enough that I based two illustrations for class off of it — this was the first time I tried out my developing style in watercolor, and was really happy with the results. I consider these to be my first illustrations in my current style:
I still wasn’t really thinking about pursuing children’s illustration at that point, but decided to take a children’s illustration class to play around some more. For some reason I didn’t go exactly in the direction of the squirrel & chipmunk pieces though, and muddled around in other things for a while with not-great results. I did an ABC book dummy for that class which is actually what my upcoming children’s book is based on, but the illustrations I did at the time are very awkward and derpy and stylistically a big regression for some reason — I think it was partly that I was rushed, partly that I used cold press paper for these which is NOT for me, and partly that I just didn’t quite know what I was doing yet.
Even though I’m not happy with those actual paintings anymore and feel that they’re inconsistent with my current work, I did really really adore the characters and story (at least as they were in my head), and started to be more interested in using these anthropomorphic animals. I also stumbled across the work of Stephanie Graegin via this adorable flash card game I spotted at a local shop, which was a big motivator to me because the reaction I have to her work is very similar to the reaction I’d like people to have to my children’s work.
I did a bit more work in my gradually-developing style for various class projects before I graduated, and then after graduation I think I finally had the time to step back and get a better perspective on all of my work. The watercolors I’ve done thereafter have been much more focused and consistent, and I’d very much like to continue with this style in the future.
I started working with my children’s rep Nicole Tugeau last summer and have become much more serious about working in the children’s industry, working on projects with children’s publishers and textile companies, licensing illustrations for greeting cards and giftwrap and so forth, creating work for games, and doing the occasional personal commission. (A lot of this stuff has yet to be released, but I’ll share it with you guys as soon as it is.) A few months ago, Tundra Books approached me about turning my derpy ABC book dummy from class into a full picture book, giving me the opportunity to do justice to the characters that I really love, and I couldn’t be happier about it (below is a sketch, the finals will be watercolor).
Anyway, that’s my journey so far! I hope it’s somewhat encouraging to anyone still finding their style to know that it definitely took me a couple years to figure stuff out. Also I should note that those of you who follow me for my non-children’s work have nothing to worry about, that style is still very much a part of my life and career, and I plan to allow both bodies of work to continue coexisting separately and happily.
TL;DR: there are pictures!
Violate my privacy.
- 1. Did you wake up cranky?
- 2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now?
- 3. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys?
- 4. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
- 5. Can you commit to one person?
- 6. How do you look right now?
- 7. What exactly are you wearing right now?
- 8. How often do you listen to music?
- 9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
- 10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2014?
- 11. Are you a social or an antisocial person?
- 12. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say?
- 13. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
- 14. Can you drive a stick shift?
- 15. Do you care if people talk badly about you?
- 16. Are you going out of town soon?
- 17. When was the last time you cried?
- 18. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
- 19. If you could change your eye color, would you?
- 20. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
- 21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having.
- 22. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex?
- 23. Are you nice to everyone?
- 24. What are you sitting on right now?
- 25. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?
- 26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
- 27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
- 28. Do you get a lot of colds?
- 29. Have your pants ever fallen down in public?
- 30. Does anyone hate you?
- 31. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to?
- 32. Do you like watching scary movies?
- 33. Are you a jealous person?
- 34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
- 35. Did you have a dream last night?
- 36. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to?
- 37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
- 38. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
- 39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
- 40. Did you have a good day yesterday?
- 41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship?
- 42. Is your life anything like it was two years ago?
- 43. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now?
- 44. What’s the best part about school?
- 45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook?
- 46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school?
- 47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
- 48. Were you single over the last summer?
- 49. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
Someone asked us:
Does the approval for sale of Plan B to girls 15 and older include approval for the sale of the generic for Plan B? Sometimes Plan B can be costly, and the generic is much more affordable. I realize it’s the same drug so it should also be approved, but I wanted to check since it wasn’t mentioned at all in the article.
That’s a good question, and one a lot of people have been wondering about.
In case you missed it, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently decided that Plan B One-Step, one brand of emergency contraception, could be sold over the counter to anyone 15 or older. That means in the near future, you will be able to find Plan B in the “family planning aisle” of drug stores, and purchase it with proof of age. This is a change from where it’s been – behind the counter at the pharmacy.
This new policy only applies to the Plan B One-Step brand. The reason behind that is basically because the manufacturer of Plan B applied for a change with the FDA, and the FDA accepted this company’s application. Right now, we don’t know exactly when Plan B will be available over the counter. It will probably take a few months for the company that makes Plan B to make new packaging and get it out on shelves. You can ask your local drugstore and check back with us for updates.
Your local Planned Parenthood health center may carry brands other than Plan B, and/or may be able to charge less for emergency contraception. Your local drugstore may also carry alternative brands, like Next Choice. If you know you’ll want this brand of EC, and you’re under 17 (the current age requirement for purchasing any EC over the counter), it might be a good idea to get a prescription or the pill itself ahead of time, before you need it. That way you have it when you need it, or can get it quickly in case of an emergency.
You can read more about emergency contraception and how to get it on our website.
- Alex at Planned Parenthood
Send me numbers guys (:
- 1)Put your phone on shuffle. What are the first 3 songs?
- 2) Favorite quote?
- 3) Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 23, write the first sentence.
- 4) What do you think about most?
- 5) Sexual orientation?
- 6) Do you have any strange phobias?
- 7) What is the first thing you notice in new person?
- 8) Hair color?
- 9) Favorite style of clothing?
- 10) What was the last lie you told?
- 11) How do you feel right now?
- 12) Where did you get the idea for your URL?
- 13) What is your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
- 14) Last person you texted?
- 15) How do you vent your anger?
- 16) Are you excited about anything?
- 17) Are you happy with the person you’ve become?
- 18) Best friend?
- 19) What’s your biggest “what if”?
- 20) What is something you disliked about today?
- 21) What was the last book you read?
- 22) Smell the air. What do you smell?
- 23) What’s the worst place you have ever been to?
- 24) What were you doing last night at 12 AM?
- 25) To you, what is the meaning of life?
- 26) Can you drive? If so, what kind of car do you drive?
- 27) How can I win you heart?
- 28) What’s the worst injury you’ve ever had?
- 29) Do you have any obsessions right now?
- 30) Top 5 blogs on tumblr?
- 31) Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
- 32) What is your astrological sign?
- 33) Have you smoked weed?
- 34) Love or lust?
- 35) In a relationship?
- 36) How many relationships have you had?
- 37) What is your secret weapon to get someone to like you?
- 38) Had a crush on someone of the same sex?
- 39) What did you do last night besides sleep?
- 40) Are you the kind of friend you would want to have as a friend?
- 41) Favourite pizza topping?
- 42) What are you really bad at?
- 43) What do you like about myself?
- 44) In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
- 45) What is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
- 46) What is your current desktop picture?
- 47) What would be a question you’d be afraid to tell the truth on?
- 48) What are you going to spend money on next?
- 49) Are you going out with the last person you kissed?
- 50) Do you think you’ll change in the next 3 months?
- 51) Who do you feel most comfortable talking to about anything?
- 52) The last time you felt broken?
- 53) Are you in a good mood?
- 54) You accidentally eat some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What is that power?
- 55) You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour, though. What half-hour of your past would you like to experience again?
- 56) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
- 57) Best vs worst sex experience?
- 58) How do you view sex?
- 59) What is a topic you love to discuss?
- 60) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Get to know your neighbors! *Animal Crossing Asks*
- What color is your AC character’s hair color?
- What color is your AC character’s eye color?
- Do you tan?
- Bugs? Or Fish?
- Which bug is your favorite?
- Which fish is your favorite?
- Do you collect any themed furniture?
- Will you be getting New Leaf?
- Who is your favorite neighbor?
- Snooty or Peppy?
- Cranky or Jock?
- Favorite Personality?
- Your favorite roof color?
- What game did you play first?
- What games do you own?
- Dogs or Cats?
- Do you celebrate your birthday on AC?
- Have you ever been mean to an AC character?
- Have you finished the museum in past games?
- Do you buy from Redd?
- Do you use Giveaways, or play legit?
- Favorite shirt/dress?
- Favorite accessory?
- Do you like customizing your hair, or did you prefer the GC version with hats?
- What is one thing about the GC version you miss in the newer games?
- Do you do favors even if you don’t like the neighbor?
- Have you ever played on wifi?
- How many humans in your village?
- Is your village themed?
- Who is your favorite NPC and why?
If everyone from Inuyasha lived in Kagome's era, what do you think they'd be doing? ie, occupation or living situations etc...
Okay, this is if none of them knew each other. So, InuKag wouldn’t be together, etc. I’m just judging on their personalities and matching it with contemporary style.
- Inuyasha: owns a ramen noodle shop with a few locations around tokyo. loves experimenting with flavors and noodle types. wants to be a therapist… but, doesn’t think he could deal with people’s sadness for long periods of time.
- Kagome: relationship expert for a newspaper and magazine company. loves to match couples together and get the details on everything. also works as a broadcast journalist for breaking news around tokyo.
- Miroku: part-time job hopper who takes pride in being a pervert. loves his life; a free spirit. could be a doctor, lawyer, etc but chooses not to because he just wouldn’t be happy.
- Sango: executive business woman for a large company; makes above average salary and loves her children more than anything. everyone knows she isn’t the woman to mess with because she is smarter and more driven than all the men she works with.
- Shippo: elementary school boy with enjoys eating desserts and has very close best friends that will stay with him until college and beyond.
- Kikyo: school teacher with a husband and many kids. her school kids adore her; and is head sponsor of the archery club.
- Sesshomaru: famous popstar who likes to live by himself; makes a ton of money. introvert but extremely loves what he does.
- Naraku: creepy stalker. also a hikikomori.
- Rin: elementary school girl who is head of many school clubs and is very popular. everyone loves her and the aura she exudes.
- Koga: dirty mechanic who really wants a wife; but a lot of women turn him down. would be very faithful… but, work is always consuming him.
- Sota: FAMOUS SOCCER PLAYER.
- Kagura: airline stewardess. loves the air and the feel an airliner gives her. makes her feel incredibly… free.
- Kohaku: top student in his grade; enjoys the outdoors: hiking, fishing, and just being in the sun. wants to become successful at whatever he chooses to do in life… although, he is still unsure. Will probably end up becoming a mangaka.
I'm Bored. Ask Questions!
1. Full Name
2. Current Crush
4. Relationship Status:
5. Girls I Trust:
6. Boys I trust:
7. Favourite Colour:
9: Who I miss:
10. Last Text:
11. Who Makes Me Laugh:
12. Who Makes Me Smile:
13. Someone I love:
14. What I Want To Be When I’m Older:
15. My Favourite Song:
16. Last Thing I Ate:
17. What Was I Doing At 12am Last Night?