- Interviewer: Did you know that your portrayal of John Thornton launched several writing careers? They started writing fan-fiction inspired by ‘North and South’, then went on to become published authors. That must feel a little odd. Good – but odd?
- RA: I certainly don’t feel odd; many contemporary writers have been inspired to write novels based on ‘Classics’. The inspiration you are talking of, which launched these writing careers is the same inspiration that gave Sandy Welch the desire to adapt Elizabeth Gaskell’s novel, and it was both Gaskell and Welch that facilitated my interpretation of John Thornton. Much as I would love to take credit for ‘launching writing careers’ the credit is Gaskell’s.
30 Interesting Horse Questions!
- 1: If your horse could talk what would they say? What would they be like?
- 2: If you were a horse, what would you look like (color, markings, etc), what discipline would you do, and what would you be like to ride?
- 3: How many barns have you ridden at?
- 4: What kind of bay do you prefer? (bright bay, blood bay, etc)
- 5: Can you braid a horses mane? Tail?
- 6: Do you believe that you have to fall off in order to be a good rider?
- 7: What do you think is more important: eq or effective riding?
- 8: Are there any "horse couples" at your barn?
- 9: Favorite treat to feed your horse?
- 10: Silly quirks your horse has.
- 11: Strangest thing you've fed your horse.
- 12: Have you ever made any horse friends through the internet?
- 13: Would you buy horse furniture?
- 14: Funniest horsey moment
- 15: Post a picture of your horse (or any horse) making a silly face that you got on camera!
- 16: What's a moment with horses that you wished you caught on camera?
- 17: How old was the youngest horse you've met?
- 18: How old was the oldest horse you've met?
- 19: Opinion on colorful tack? (like red or blue)
- 20: Have you ever tried horse treats? Hay?
- 21: Have you ever felt like giving up on a horse?
- 22: Tell the story about the horse that you first felt "click" immediately with you (and if you can't remember, most recent ;))
- 23: Ever ridden side-saddle? How was it?
- 24: Most interesting place you've ridden at.
- 25: What kind of horse to you like? (sport, stock, endurance, etc)
- 26: Do you feel like you have more patience with horses than people?
- 27: Is the horse you ride very vocal?
- 28: Ever ridden in the sunset?
- 29: How do you like a horse's mane? (roached, pulled, long, etc)
- 30: What is your dream name for a horse?
- Made by trotbutlope I tried to keep it interesting : )
Here's some questions for you guys!
- 1. How are you, really?
- 2. What's your favorite color?
- 3. What is your all-time favorite dessert?
- 4. What are some of your favorite movies?
- 5. What kind of music are you into?
- 6. What is one of the scariest things you've ever done?
- 7. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
- 8. What would you name your future son and daughter?
- 9. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go? Why?
- 10. What's one of your habits? Good or bad.
- 11. Do you plan things out or do you act on impulse?
- 12. Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?
- 13. What do you least like about yourself? ['Everything' does not count]
- 14. Do you think people can control their destiny or is it already predetermined? Why?
- 15. Would you kill an innocent person if you thought it might mean saving a dozen other people?
- 16. Do you think you've ever experienced love? If so, who was it? Can you describe the feeling?
- 17. What's something most people don't know about you?
- 18. If you could go back in time and say anything to anyone, what would you say and to who?
- 19. Do you have a 'Bucket List'? What are some things that are on it?
- 20. Ever been in a fist fight? What started it?
- 21. What's the biggest prank you've ever pulled?
- 22. What's your favorite part about today so far? ['Nothing' does not count]
- 23. Do you miss anyone? If so, who?
- 24. What's the first thing you notice about a person?
- 25. If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, would you feel cheated about today?
Math themed asks (because my life is math)
- x: What is your value?
- y: Do you ever feel dependent on someone else?
- z: What gives you depth?
- f(x): What functions do you serve to others?
- pi: What's your favorite food?
- e: Have you ever acted irrationally?
- ln: Do you like the outdoors?
- i: Did you ever have an imaginary friend?
- 0: Do you ever feel like nothing?
- 1: Do you ever feel lonely?
- 2: If you had to spend your entire life with one other person, who would it be?
- 3: Are you religious?
- 4: What are your roots?
- 5: When are you in your prime?
- 6: What are you afraid of?
- 7: Do you consider yourself lucky?
- 8: What makes you gr8?
- 9: What are you so close to achieving?
- +: What is the sum of your parts?
- -: What do you feel incomplete without?
- /: What are you divided over?
- *: Do you ever wish there were more of you?
Send me a number
1. Your favorite type of music
2. Your full name
3. Your relationship status
4. Something you’re looking forward to
5. Something you regret doing
6. Describe the person who you’ve fallen for the hardest
7. Something that really means alot to you
8. One of the best memories you have from your life
9. One of the worst memories you have from your life
10. Someone you regret letting go
11. Describe your love for someone close to you
12. Describe what you believe is love
13. What are your blog like in 3 words
14. The most romantic thing someone did for you
15. What a person can expect when he/she falls in love with you
16. Talk about your opinion on age difference in relationships
17. A song that reminds you of someone, and why
18. Your favorite band and why
19. Your biggest celebrity crush
20. A memory that you would want to be without
21. The hardest thing you’ve ever gone through
22. What’s important for you in a relationship
23. The way you look at yourself
24. Something you really, really want
25. Your idea of a perfect date
26. Your relationship with your parents
27. 3 habits you have
28. Something that’s constantly on my mind
29. 3 things that annoy you easily
30. What you find attractive in other people
31. 3 things that upset you
32. 3 things that make me happy
33. 3 fears you have
34. A confession
35. One thing I’ve lied about
36. Any question you’d like
Hello. I've been looking through your blog and can I just say how happy I am to have followed you. I don't mean to sound cringe-worthy but the images you post are, in my opinion, very powerful and cover a range of not only interesting but thought-provoking, world-wide topics. Thank you!
Hey, thank you so much!
HELP HANNAH! i've always wanted to start drawing digitally but it's so daunting to me because my comfort zone is traditional media.... my dad got me a wacom tablet a few years ago and i've never actually touched it out of fear of hating everything i drew.... i want to start now, at the beginning of summer. but i still feel hesitation! how should i start? how did you start? sorry if someone asked you this already, i feel like it's highly plausible that it's been asked in the past
HELP IS ON THE WAY (and no, no one’s asked me before!)
Ok, so for me, when I was a teenager I took a digital art class where I learned how to use photoshop and that’s the first time I used a tablet and I HAAAAAATED it at first. I was so frustrated bc I was so used to using a mouse to draw. The tablet definitely has a learning curve. I have a couple pieces of advice for you…
1.) Be patient, be patient! Endure through the learning curve and don’t give up. It’ll feel awkward at first, but it won’t be long.
2.) Alternatively once you start getting used to the tablet, drawing on paper will start to feel awkward! This has happened to me! Don’t stop drawing on paper!
3.) “out of fear of hating everything i drew….” DON’T BE AFRAID!!!!!!!!!!! The thing is, you are GOING to make ugly and awkward drawings, and you will hate them. BUT IT’S OKAY! If I could go back in time and give my younger self any advice it would be to stop being fearful and stop feeling like every page in my sketchbook had to be absolutely gorgeous and worthy of displaying or showing people. Whaaatteeevvveerrrrr. Just draw as much as you can, and know that theres gonna be a lot of dirt before you get a diamond.