DIY: Red Polka Dot Sunglasses
Sunglasses- Old Navy $5
Spray Paint- Joanns $3
Painters Pen- Joanns $3
Sealer- Joanns $5
Painters Tape- My basement. Price unknown.
Sandpaper- My basement. Price unknown.
1. Tape off the lens of the sunglasses with the painter tape. Cover them all the way so paint won’t get on them. Make sure to cut off any extra tape or fold it into the crease between the lens and the frame.
2. Take a piece of sandpaper and rub down the glasses until they have a rough texture. This will help the paint adhere to them.
3. Spray paint your glasses. Do this in a well ventilated area with newspaper or something laid underneath because it will get messy. Do nice even strokes so paint doesn’t clump. You may have to do a few coats.
4. Allow glasses to dry overnight.
5. Use your painters pen to make small polka dots on the frames of the glasses. Simply press down with your pen and lift up in one smooth motion.
6. Allow to dry for about an hour.
7. Spray on a sealer to keep the paint from chipping. Again, do this in a well ventilated area and allow to dry for 48 hours.
8. Wear your brand new sunglasses!
For a video tutorial click here
EARWOLF wants to work with YOU!
Artists, whiz kids, super geniuses of all varieties: please heed the call!
Earwolf’s roadmap is teeming with cool projects, and we want to make sure we can hire from within our extremely talented fan community before having to seek help from SCAAARRY outsiders.
We’re seeking your skills in essentially any field or capacity! If you are a:
- Earwolf Super Fan
- Something we perhaps didn’t even think of
Fill out our form at earwolf.com/talent and let us know a little about yourself, and let us know how you think you’d be a good fit for Earwolf and its endeavors!
We can’t promise that there will be immediate positions available, but we’d love to hear a little something about who you are and where your talents lie, in the hope that we’ll soon have an opportunity to collaborate.