PSA: Here's the thing . . . and it's not going to be nice.
If you don’t want to work with a god, fine. You don’t have to work with gods period. There’s nothing wrong with being secular or having an exclusive set of deities you work with.
But, how about not taking a shit on that deity and their followers in public?
I do not approve of this circle jerk of “Oooh Loki’s bad, let’s treat him like his some fucking garbage and doesn’t deserve even a percent of the respect that we’d show for another humanoid”. When you shit on a god, you shit on their devotees, godspouses, godchildren, and path followers.
I am very proud of the achievements I’ve made under Loki’s banner. I love my god. I acknowledge that the path gets dark, that it gets hard and that it’s not for everybody, but I also acknowledge that it’s my own strength that is being nurtured and that it’s my own weakness that bites me in the ass.
So fuck you.
Stay out of my LOKEAN posts. Don’t take my LOKEAN advice. Don’t benefit from my LOKEAN post offerings. Don’t accept my LOKEAN exercises. Do not confuse me for being secular, because I’M LOKEAN!
I fly Loki’s colors and I’d appreciate it if you either respected that or kindly fucked off.
Listening to the Gods using Stream of Conscious
Disclaimer: this post details my own personal experiences and understanding of the Divine. Everyone’s experience will be different and not everyone will hear words.
This is a companion post to my Discernment post, and details how I first learned to Listen to the Gods. Bare in mind that different techniques exist and this is only how my ability to hear first got going, my technique has evolved a lot since then.
There is a phenomenon known as a stream of consciousness where you bypass the usual checks and filters in your brain. It is allowing your thoughts to flow, unedited and unhampered. This happens quickly and is difficult to type down. However if I were to make the attempt it would look like this:
dogs cats cats cat haven bird stars stars of the birds time and time and bits and pieces dog dog got hurt dog hurt his paw dog hurt glass glass sharp shiny knife
As you can see, my dog is on my mind a lot. This is an abbreviation of what ran through my mind in those seconds while I typed. My dog was the first thing on my mind and everything else followed.
Some of you may have heard of this technique before, some of you will have not, but this was originally the basis of what I used to communicate with the Gods and is still a foundation to my current technique. Now, I invite Loki to talk (with His permission) and I get this:
Dog stars hello I am Loki what do you want to talk about troll I know what are you doing what you asked silly billy I know you say that a lot that was you was me akkk hehe so what to talk I know talk about me you? Yes akk I know, you are getting better
Now let me break down what happened there:
Me: Dog stars
Loki: Hello I am Loki what do you want to talk about
Loki: I know
Me: what are you doing
Loki; what you asked
Me: Silly billy
Sockpuppet: I know you say that a lot
Me: was you was me akkk
Me: So what do you want to talk about
Loki: I know, you are getting better
Just to clarify, when I notice I am sockpuppeting ‘Akkk’ has become my usual sound of frustration at it happening. As you can see, I attempted to latch on to the previous line of thought when Loki joined in. This is where my discernment post comes in and I strongly recommend reading that and other articles on the topic from as many sources and authors as possible. Leaning to notice what is me and what is Loki and what is my own internal sockpuppet has been essential, and I can not stress that enough.
KNOW WHO DOESN’T GET TALKED ABOUT ENOUGH?
LET’S DO THAT
HE IS A PRETTY AMAZING GUY
WISE AS HELL
AND WITH AN IMPRESSIVE STRENGTH OF WILL
THE MAN GETS SHIT DONE
AFTER LOKI AND ANGRBODA HAD FENRIR
AND HE ENDED UP IN ASGARD
KNOW WHO TOOK CARE OF HIM?
HE WAS THE ONLY ONE BRAVE ENOUGH TO APPROACH HIM
HOT DAMN, WHAT A BADASS
AS TIME WENT BY
EVERYONE WAS LIKE
THIS WOLF JUST –
WOW HE KEEPS GETTING BIGGER
AND HE’S PROPHESIED TO WRECK SHIT
MAYBE WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING?
THAT IS PROBABLY A GOOD IDEA
SO THEY WERE ALL TRYING AND FAILING TO BIND HIM
WITH THESE BIG CHAINS
AND FINALLY WENT AND GOT A NICE SHINY RIBBON
(HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO TEAR A RIBBON THAT SHIT IS FUCKING HARD)
ANYWAY AFTER THEY GOT SOME DWARVES TO MAKE GLEIPNIR
WHICH IS NOT JUST AN ORDINARY PAIN IN THE ASS RIBBON
IT’S MADE OF MAGICY SHIT
A BUNCH OF STUFF THAT YOU CAN’T FIND IN THE WORLD WENT INTO THE RIBBON
LIKE THE ROOTS OF MOUNTAINS
THE SOUND OF A CAT’S FOOTSTEP
BREATH OF A FISH
SINEW OF A BEAR
AND A WOMAN’S BEARD
(THOUGH SOMETIMES WOMEN CAN HAVE BEARDS
AND I AM PRETTY SURE WITHOUT SINEW BEARS WOULD NOT WORK
BUT MOSTLY THE STUFF IS NO LONGER AROUND)
TO MAKE DAMN SURE
IT COULD BIND THIS IMMENSELY STRONG WOLF
FENRIR WAS FEELING MIGHTY SUSPICIOUS
AND WAS NOT REALLY WANTING TO BE BOUND
NOT MUCH GLORY IN BREAKING A RIBBON AFTER THOSE BITCHIN’ CHAINS
HE WOULDN’T GET ANY STREET CRED
ALSO THE RIBBON WAS KIND OF SUSPICIOUS AFTER THE CHAINS
SHENANIGANS WERE AFOOT
BUT HE AGREED, IF SOMEONE WOULD PUT THEIR HAND IN HIS MOUTH
AS TO ENSURE THAT HE WOULD BE RELEASED IF HE COULD NOT BREAK IT
NO ONE REALLY WANTED TO DO THAT
BUT TYR STEPPED UP
DID WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE
PUT HIS HAND RIGHT INTO FENRIR’S MOUTH
WHEN FENRIR WAS UNABLE TO BREAK GLEIPNIR
AND THEY DIDN’T FREE HIM
HE BIT TYR’S SWORD HAND OFF
HE MADE A CHOICE
AND GAVE UP SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO HIM TO SAVE EVERYONE ELSE
AND BIND FENRIR UNTIL THE START OF RAGNAROK
THAT’S A PRETTY GREAT THING TO DO
HE’S THE GOD OF OATHS
IF YOU MAKE ONE TO HIM YOU BETTER KEEP IT
OR EXPECT TO PAY THE PRICE
HE VALUES STRENGTH
BOTH OF BODY AND OF WILL
DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE
I LIKE TO GIVE HIM SOME PROTEIN DRINK
CAUSE IT IS BOTH DELICIOUS AND ALSO GOOD FOR MAKING YOU STRONG
HE SEEMED TO LIKE IT MORE THAN ANY OF THE ALCOHOL I HAD TRIED
SO NOW SUMBLE SOMETIMES HAS PROTEIN DRINK
IF YOU HAVE TO MAKE A DIFFICULT CHOICE
OR GIVE UP SOMETHING TO HELP A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER
MAYBE HAVE A CHAT WITH TYR
HE IS WELL ACQUAINTED WITH SELF SACRIFICE
AND ALSO WITH DECISION MAKING
SERIOUSLY HE REALLY LIKES WHEN YOU HELP OTHERS
AND COMING THROUGH WHEN YOU ARE NEEDED
HE IS ALSO ASSOCIATED WITH IRMINSUL, AND KEEPING ORDER
AND ALSO IS GOD OF THE THING
The Ten Fundamentals of Hinduism
1. According to Hinduism God is One, but also Many. The One becomes many and the many have to begin their journey finally towards the One as a process of creation.
2. Hinduism believes that man is divine in nature. The basic purpose of a human being is to realize this divine nature in him.
3. Hinduism firmly declares that the ego or ahamkar is the root cause of all suffering. If an individual has to escape from suffering he has to cease to be his egoistic self and identify himself with his limitless inner self.
4. Hinduism believes unquestionably that the world is an illusion or maya. Attachment with it is the cause of birth and death. When a person overcomes this illusion through detachment and withdrawal of senses he will become qualified for self-realization.
5. The Hindus believe in reincarnation or rebirth, according to which each individual lives many lives because of his ignorance and the play of maya before he attains liberation.
6. Hinduism believes that all beings have souls, are equally important in the scheme of creation and that they all evolve continuously till they achieve final freedom. Man is but one stage in this evolution of life and in the soul’s upward journey towards such liberation.
7. Hinduism believes in the concept of dharma or righteous duties.
8. Hinduism has given to the world the concept of karma, according to which all actions produce positive or negative reactions and effect our lives. Hinduism offers the best way to live a life devoid of anxieties and worries. It says, “Live your normal life, offering all your actions and possessions mentally to God in the spirit of sacrifice without bothering about the results of your actions.”
9. Hinduism gives immense freedom to each individual to choose whatever path he or she wants to choose. It does not believe in super imposition of faith from outside, nor changing of ones faith to another because it is more attractive. Each has to pursue the path of God according to his or her inner nature and evolution. Hinduism says, “Follow your own self, live according to your own dharma and discover your own truth that is in harmony with yourself.”
10. Finally Hinduism does not believe in converting people from one faith to faith in an organized way (proselytization). If an individual want to change his religion that is his inner choice. But no one should force him or tempt him to change. Hinduism strictly prohibits teaching of the scriptures to people who are not inclined to understand them or follow them. There are many ways in which one can approach God. All paths in the end lead to Him only.
The Gods Don't Beg
Write me a poem He said
Made scratch marks with no ink
Sorry, pen’s dead
Then give me something off the top of your head
Made scratch marks on the scalp
Sorry, no thoughts to be had
Make me an offering. Give me your praise
Made scratch marks at the bottom of my wallet
Sorry, I get paid in a couple of days
Give me time
Made scratch marks on the hourglass
Sorry, the sand isn’t mine.
Keep me in your mind and heart.
Made scratch marks on my chest
Sorry, I got to study for this test
Is anyone there?
He left scratch marks on the altar
Sorry, I didn’t feel needed here
Witches, pagans, polytheists of all shades:
I need help. I want to put together a list of books for use by non-fluffy witches and pagans. Reliable resources for beginning recons, readers, and witches and pagans of all kinds. Recons especially; what books would you recommend for someone starting on your path?
Yes this is about the magic shop idea shush.
friendly reminder that not every pagan gets “God-bothered” by the deities they worship and that’s totally fine.
you don’t have to feel insecure in your religion just because your God/s haven’t spoken to you, touched you, communicated with you in any way or whatever.
just continue doing what you do and if They feel like reaching out to you, They will.