Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
- Them: Japanese is such a hard language!
- Me: Bitch please, stop spewing such lies.
- Them: German is such an ugly language!
- Me: I'mma slap yo ugly face, bitch.
- Them: French is the most beautiful language in the world!
- Me: ... Have you ever actually heard French spoken?
- Them: I wanna take Spanish because it's the easiest language to learn.
- Me: Stop talking.
- Them: Japanese and Chinese are the same.
- Me: Bitch what are you on.
- Them: English is a romance language!
- Me: Who the fuck taught you school.
- Them: All languages are based in Latin.
- Me: How do you history.
- Them: Portuguese is pretty much just Spanish, but Brazilian.
- Me: Please. Stop breathing.
- Them: Languages are just boring and useless. Why bother if everyone can speak English?
- Me: I will MAKE you stop breathing.
Language Learning Difficulty For Native English Speakers
Easiest Languages for Native English Speakers To Learn:
Moderately Harder Languages for Native English Speakers To Learn:
Hard Languages for Native English Speakers To Learn:
Hardest Languages for Native English Speakers To Learn:
*** I didn’t include all languages due to laziness. :p
Walking to the library
- Me: *can't think of the word shirt* ...camisa
- R: what the hell, did you just put chemise and القميص together and call it a word?
- Me: no, it's spanish, i couldn't think of 'shirt'
- D: see, the funny thing here is that even though you didn't know what language she was speaking, you correctly associated it with the same word in two other languages.
- R & I: ...
- D: polyglot problems.
I love having foreign professors
Because my inner linguistic nerd likes picking out the linguistic/accent roots in what they say in english.
For example, my mexican professor pronounces “Möbius strip” as “Mueybius strip” because the umlat in spanish makes the “uey” sound. Or how my hungarian professor pronounces “beta” as “beeta” or “start” as “stort”. I LOVE it lol