Follow posts tagged #pizzaforpresident in seconds.Sign up
It has been wonderful experimenting with Tumblr's userbase again
The experiment is now nearing conclusion. Sample size is acceptable.
This entire 6l9g was a s9cial experiment/satirical take on the vegan and social justice blogging clique of tumblr. As some of you have already guessed, Tammi’s not a real person. This blog was operated as a social experiment on how tumblr’s userbase would react to an “extremist, inconsistent, rude, hypocritical, social justice blogger”. The character was meant to be ironic and exaggerated. Tammi was loosely based on the Homestuck character, Kankri Vantas.
While the experiment was conducted in a virtual environment ,it also proved to be a wonderful acting exercise. Interacting with real people with real emotions doesn’t feel as genuine as stage acting.
The results are based on asks and reblogs we have obtained.
- Many reacted negatively
- Tumblr users really don’t like social justice bloggers or vegans.
- The most common responses were i) This is the internet. Stop taking everything so seriously. ii) Are you Kankri Vantas/a troll/francieum? iii) Kill yourself iv) Leave tumblr v) You can’t be serious vi) You must be fun at parties
- The Homestuck fandom community of tumblr is tightly knit.
- Tumblr’ text post blogger circles were the most affected by our posts.
- People with genuine interest in social issues exhibited interest in the opinions of the character. There was a surprising amount of agreement.
- Users easily spotted the inconsistencies of the character and described Tammi as a “hypocrite”.
If this blog seriously offended you in any way, please accept a really sincere apology. This will now continue as an art blog/random stuff blog.
Long live Tammi Stevens.