10 Simple Reasons Why I Became An Atheist:
- Because there is absolutely no proof of a creator.
- Because there is a reason there are 1000s of different and conflicting religions.
- Because human beings aren’t honest.
- Because human perception is flawed.
- Because life is far too erred and complex to have been created.
- Because the universe is far too vast and complex to have a creator.
- Because I don’t need an imaginary master to keep me in check.
- Because I don’t need heaven to be at peace with death.
- Because you can’t find or measure a soul.
- Because religion is big business in a terrible disguise.
All the Reasons
People, but especially children never cease to amaze me at the amount of things they do and say that are just so darn funny. If time allowed me I could almost write an endless stream of things I hear and participate in. I wish I had started my blog earlier in Xan’s life but I won’t look back only forward. I started it, like many of us do, for several personal reasons.
- I want a record of things that are important to my family (Xander’s World)
- I want to make sure that I have blackmail photos to use at an appropriate time in Xander’s teenage years.
- Someday, when the fathers of all the daughters come knocking on my door, I want to show them prove he always has been a flirt and I apologize.
- On the offbeat chance that Xan and his cousin, Olivia, truly do make America’s Most Wanted I want to be able to say he and she knew better.
- On the chance someday Xan becomes famous for his sense of humor, style and grace. I want to be able to give the interviewers copies and say “I knew him before he was famous and let me tell you something…..”
- When Xan get’s married someday I want to make sure the bride-to-be knows exactly what she is in for.
- When I am old and Xander finally decides it is time to place his “old man” in a nursing home (i am realistic) I want to be able to show him all the things he did with me and try to manipulate him in to letting me be his responsibility in his own home.
- Most of all because I want Xander Ian to remember I love him and “To be unique, don’t follow norms, don’t always be serious for seriousness will find you, and laugh…. because we all need each other”
Reasons to run that don't involve weight loss.
1.) Exercise clears up acne and decreases stress.
2.) Water never tastes better than it does right after a run.
3.) You get the added pleasure of a post-run shower.
4.) Fresh air.
5.) Cute running clothes and cute running shoes.
Why I Love God
For the past few weeks I’ve been wondering what exactly it is I love about God.. I mean when I think about my parents, I could list things off easily; when I think of my sister, I know what I don’t like about her, but I also know that the things I don’t like about her make me love her. But when it came to God…it was rather difficult. I mean I know what He’s like….loving, compassionate, holy, merciful, angry, jealous, just, fair, etc. But I almost couldn’t figure it out what it was that I loved about Him, not just the objective traits. After much thought, I realized it was so much harder for me to list off traits as to what it is I love about my Big Dad simply because my relationship with Him is based off of faith, and not by sight. Sure I’ve experienced Him, but I barely know much about Him compared to the intricate details I know of my family and friends here on Earth that I spend every second of the day with. BUT I FINALLY GATHERED WHY I LOVE GOD, and in the SUBJECTIVE sense! Everything I’ve experienced with Him up until now:
1) His strange………strange sense of humor.
2) The way He let’s me figure things out on my own.
3) The way He makes me feel excited and amazed.
4) He answers.
5) He’s SO unpredictable. LOL
6) He’s soft (like a pillowww!)
7) His grip is really tight, yet also extremely gentle. (if you’re falling off a cliff, you’re gonna want to hang onto Him)
8) He doesn’t discriminate.
9) He’s loyal.
10) He’s the BEST listener (He even listens to the smallest details)
11) He pulls me back even when I say I don’t want to be pulled back.
12) He’s majestic.
13) He’s mysterious.
I definitely want to elongate this list. There’s so much more to Him than just all this. BUT THAT’S WHAT I LOVE ABOUT HIM! I just wanted to share this with the cyber worldddddddddd=)