Follow posts tagged #parvumautomaton in seconds.Sign up
Animorphs prompt: Marco on the interview circuit after the war was over.
“So anyway, there I was, in the middle of the mall, dressed in speedos, surrounded by possible Controllers.”
“Lime green speedos. My last pair of shorts had gotten bloodstained the previous week. So I’m mentally cursing our terrible outfits, trying to hide between the gymnast who’s just walking around in her leotard and the ex-basketball player who thinks skintight orange shorts are a good idea, and all I can think is, ‘if the X-men went down fighting in a mall, they’d look cool doing it’.” Marco paused to take a sip of water. “So most of the mallgoers who aren’t ignoring us are giving us confused looks, but they’re harmless, we don’t worry about those. This one guy, this big guy, is looking all aggressive, sneering at us. I won’t give names but we all know this guy is a controller, we’ve tangled before. Jake glances between Rachel and me and we all know what each other is thinking. Rachel’s trying to find somewhere to go elephant or grizzly and charge our way out. I’m looking for crowds to hide in, witnesses to use as shields. Jake’s big concern is that we’re both gonna charge off on different plans without him and they’re gonna clash and get somebody killed. So he puts a hand on Rachel’s elbow, right, standard signal, and he glances to the fire escape and glances at me, and I glance at Rachel, and we’re all thinking standard distraction-escape-backup plan but if this guy has put two and two together then it’s not a question of just getting out of there, we can’t afford our covers blown, so we’re also wondering what we’re gonna do with this guy.” He took a bigger gulp of water, letting the silence stretch and tension build.
“And then?” the interviewer eventually prompted.
“Then he shouted, ‘hey, tourists! the beach is the other way!’ and threw a can at my head.” Marco shrugged as laughter broke out.
“Okay, we’re going to take a quick break, and then we’ll be back with more of Marco the Animorph.”
Marco waited for broadcasting to stop, then stood up to stretch his legs. He pointedly ignored the suited man who tried to block him as he headed backstage.
“Sir — “
“Look, sir, if you would just consider our proposal…”
“I did. Then I said no. I’m not training your soldiers, I’m not getting involved in your military.”
“But you have a duty to serve your country!”
“Or what, you guys will try to have me arrested again?” Marco glared. “I’ve been very patient about this whole military thing, but enough is enough. You already have Jake. This is the last time I’m saying this, so take good notes: I don’t want to make a difference. I don’t want to protect America’s borders from whoever we’re fighting at the moment. It’s not that I don’t care, it’s just that you’ve been doing that just fine since long before I was born and I have my own life. Go train some young, enthusiastic, fresh soldiers. I’ve already saved this planet. I’ve already spent my time in the trenches. And I think that I’ve at least earned a little peace. So the next time one of you government lackeys comes out here and tries to force me back into battle, or training recruits for battle, or whatever, my conversation with them is going in one of my amusing little anecdotes. Do you understand me?”
The man’s eyes narrowed. “You are threatening to compromise the security of — “
“Go on then, try to throw me in jail again. That worked out so well last time then the media got hold of it. I’m not threatening you. I’m exercising self defense. If you don’t want people knowing about your little strongarm tactics, stop trying to use them on me. You think guns or morphing technology are powerful weapons? Wait until you encounter the public armed with the truth. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get back into my chair before we go on air again.”
And with that, Marco walked back into the bright lights of the studio, lights bright enough to hold back the memories of war.
AS! Milagro giving Bart the 3rd degree.
“Now you listen here, Bart Allen.” Milagro said as she shoved a finger into the aforementioned speedster’s chest.
Bart tried to back away from her with his hands raised in the defensive but she simply followed him.
“If you do anything, anything, to hurt my brother, I will hurt you. Understand?” she threatened.
“Yesyepunderstoodyesma’am.” Bart rattled off quickly. He would be the first to openly admit that Milagro frightened him sometimes.
She eyed him for a second before stepping out of his personal space. “Good, I’m glad we’re on the same page.”
Fic War: Blue Beetle Pre-Boot: Jaime finds a video of his family's plea for his safe return that was made during the year he was missing.
It began as a rare act of boredom. It seemed like super villains were taking a holiday, and all of his homework was done, so he decided to google himself.
First he did it as Blue Beetle, scrolling down forums and fansites, laughing at theories and enjoying the attention. Then he got bored with that, and searched himself.
The first link was to a Youtube video; ‘Missing; Jaime Reyes’. Jaime clicked, a sense of foreboding only encouraging him.
His mom, dad, and little sister were on screen with Paco slightly in the background. He saw his mom, standing tall but with bags under her eyes, holding a picture to the screen. “This is my son, Jaime Reyes. He’s a good boy, good student, never got into trouble, always willing to help everyone out.”
“He went missing two weeks ago,” his dad added.
“If anyone has any information, please contact us with the information below.” His mom’s eyes were looking suspiciously bright.
“I just wanna find my brother! Tell him he can have my room and his room if he comes back!” Milagro shouted, brawling. She grabbed onto her dad’s pant leg, as both Paco and dad soothed her.
Jaime just sat, watching the video over and over again for an hour, only hearing the scarab say in a whispered tone, [I am sorry].
34-37 (with the added bonus of "why aren't there a 35 and 36"?)
34. Butter, Plain or Salted popcorn?
-Either butter, or butter and salted.
37. Dogs or cats?
-I want dogs someday, but for now I’d have to say cats because they are mostly self-efficient.
Bonus: 35 and 36 apparently disappeared to poke at my OCD.
Despite a head for science, Jaime is awful at maths. Whenever Khaji Da gives him more than one percentage to deal with at a time, he pretends to know how to handle the numbers because he’s too embarrassed to ask for clarification. Khaji figures this out, but keeps doing it to mess with him unless it’s actually important.
You’ve been tagged!
Here are the rules for this question tag HAVE FUN:
Rule 1: always post the rules
Rule 2: answer the questions the person who tagged you has written and write 11 new ones
Rule 3: tag 11 new people and link them to your post
Rule 4: let them know you’ve tagged them
Good! It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these!
- Do you have a song that summarizes your existence here on earth? If so, what is it?: Not really.
- Let’s say you’re walking down the street, an old lady covered in a thick layer of shawls goes up to you and says she could help you turn back time. What do you do?: Ask her to clarify, and assuming that she does, I might humor her for a bit.
- What book would you recommend your followers to read?: I think that everyone should read “Guns, Germs, and Steel”. It shows why it is that some cultures thrived while others were conquered. Spoiler: It boils down to location, location, location.
- Have you played any video games lately? If so, what was it and was it something you would recommend to others?: Right now I’m playing through Persona 3 Portable. It’s good, but gets a bit monotonous after 40 hours. It is one that I’d recommend to my followers, but be warned, it’s a long game.
- Do you have a physical characteristic that people like to point out to you? Well, my younger sister is bugged by my hair, since I don’t do anything with it. Apparently it’s very nondescript, which drives her nuts.
- What are the 5 most important things in your life?: Hmmm… I’ll go with my family, friends, the stories I hear/see/read, the characters I get to know, and… huh… I think that covers it pretty well, actually.
- What’s the first thing you would do if your laptop/computer catches fire?: Yell.
- What is love?: The desire to be with someone and keep them safe and happy.
- What was your childhood favorite cartoon?: Digimon Adventure 02. It’s still one of my favorites. If it’s supposed to be one that I don’t watch anymore, than it’d be the Magic School Bus. That show gave me a solis science base to work off of.
- What do you think of when I say the name Barney? Barney in the Big Blue House, which is weird since it should be Bear in the Big Blue House.
- What do you think of the 10 questions above? Which was you favorite? Would you like to slap me for asking them? Also, which was the weirdest and most random? PS. I’m sorry because I don’t really know anything cool to ask.: They were pretty interesting. Most of them were questions I hadn’t been asked before. My favorite is 10., though 2. is also good. Of course I wouldn’t slap you for asking them! 10. Was the weirdest and most random.
1. Your two favorite characters of all time have been transported to your room! What’s your reaction and what are their reactions?
2. Do you like conga lines?
3. What do you recommend doing if there’s someone you want to be friends with but you haven’t talked to them? How do you approach them?
4. Would you like to be an MLP alicorn?
5. What’s your favorite AMV, and why?
6. Is there any series that you consider yourself an expert on? If so, then what is it?
7. You wake up and find yourself in the cupboard under the stairs the day before Harry receives his first Hogwarts letter. You look in the mirror and realize that you ARE Harry! What do you do?
8. You wake up and realize that you’ve turned into an opposite sex version of yourself! What do you do? How do you feel about your transformation? Is there anything you like about it? Anything you dislike?
9. Do you know what all of these terms mean? (You don’t have to define them if you don’t want to, just say which terms you know.)
10. Do you daydream a lot? What of?
11. What’s your favorite thing to think about when you have nothing to do?
That fic is so long…. But it wont let me do a readmore >.<
What should I do?
**Edit** Shout out to parvumautomaton for being amazing and helping me thank you <3 <3 <3
33: What are you doing right now?
Writing! I’ve been stuck on the same Bluepulse fic for like three days… But hopefully once I finish it I’ll be outta my writers block!
18: Favorite Month?
I actually really like October because (it’s my birthday) I like autum colors, and HALLOWEEN OMG. My family makes a haunted house every year and my aunt is a make-up artist aso we all look like legit zombies and monsters and we just terrorize small children all night and it’s great.
(Thanks for sending one this was fun!)
parvumautomaton said: I love these
This is just a small sampling if you look around. :) Some of the fandom crafts (and crafts in general) people do blow me away.
I’m severely tempted by the sand people one, myself.
dragon-bow said: GURL YOU CHEATED. THEY WERE NEVER TOGETHER IN DA FIRST PLACE THO. Also, A+ for dat GIF use LOL.
THEY MADE OUT IN A CLOSET. YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THAT MONTH. AND IT WAS PRETTY EXPLICIT IN THAT COMIC HE REALLY LIKED HER BEFORE HE MET ZATANNA. AND STILL DOES.
parvumautomaton said: La’gaan (one of the reasons he’s a perfect little fish boy, because he realized that he did deserve better, but did not hold onto the anger of the break-up)
It hasn’t been explicitly shown he’s over her. Hinted in 19, but he didn’t say anything. Just smiled and moved on in the fight. Mind you, he’s in a similar position Kaldur was in Season 1, and looked how well that turned for that kid. It’s only been a few weeks. Perhaps that would be explored in season 3, but I think it’ll take him awhile to get over her.
windona said: Shelly Longshadow.
OH WOW THANKS FOR BREAKING MY HEART.
BUT WHO SAYS SHE’S NOT STILL IN-LOVE WITH HER PRESUMABLY DEAD HUSBAND????
Hey, on a completed unrelated note, do you think those dogtags Tye wears belonged to his dad?
unfoldingbliss said: Ohhhhh. I see. That’s actually a pretty cute couple! I support it X3
Haha, yea! I already saw a fanfic for them, and it’s well done. Blame Chris Jones for that one!
parvumautomaton said: I feel like I saw the Jason/Jaime headcanon on YJ anon meme… was that you and Superblys?
Yep, me, Superblys, and a few others were in a chat RP that died, and basically it went from Khaji Da/Jason shipping (…They appreciated each other’s whole method of suggesting murder or actually killing) to Jason/Jaime friendship. Superblys and I really adopted the headcanon.