A Guide to Roleplaying on Tumblr
You have probably realized by now that there are a lot of different types of roleplay. Below you can find several. People can make a roleplay off a movie or book for example this one and this one. There are many others in including original ones (x). Below you will find a list of a few different kinds and an example.
- Fandom Roleplays are based on a TV Show, movies or books (for example Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, Harry Potter, The Hunger Games etc.) Crossovers are quite popular in these roleplays. (x)
- Original Roleplays are roleplays that the owner has invented themselves. They don’t have to be something inspired but can be, however you shouldn’t be able to see an already existing plot. (x)
- Asylum Roleplays take place in, guess what, an asylum! They are generally more mature roleplays (in my experience anyway) but there are some for younger roleplays. You have to know/learn quite a bit about mental disorders for some of these. (x - I roleplay in this one!)
- High School/Teen Roleplays are set in a high school.
duh.Some people think they aren’t all that interesting but they’re great for new roleplayers - they are quite fun for some!. (x)
- Hollywood Roleplays are more about celebrities and don’t really have plots, so if you like biographies and things like that this isn’t the one for you. They aren’t very serious roleplays but are great for making friends. (x)
- Supernatural Roleplays are roleplays that are centered around the supernatural world. You will probably play as witches, vampires and werewolves. (x)
- OC Roleplays are were the admin writes a plot etc but you have to make your own characters and bios etc. (x)
- Period Roleplays are set in a certain time where things were happening. Like the proabition or WWI. (x)
It’s completely up to you and your preferences about which kind of roleplay you choose. Never just pick one that is just there. You will end up slowing down plot progression and not enjoying your time roleplaying!