The romance is alive and well over here
- [BS political ad from Blue Cross Blue Shield runs; I swear at the TV]
- Me: [to Ashley] You know, this is a crazy world and I'm so glad I have you as my lighthouse to bring me back home.
- Ashley: That's such a wonderful, romantic, powerful thing. I almost wish you hadn't said it because of a commercial.
- Me: ...
- Ashley: [burps like a sailor]
This is my favorite teacher's blog. Just so you know :) It's very helpful. I'm getting my bachelor's right now. I want to teach 4th-5th grade english/social studies. You make me excited to get in the field and start making difference.
What a compliment! I’m glad that some of you can get a little glimpse into teacher life; the good, the bad, and the mundane. :)
May I suggest some other wonderful teachers to you?
1.ohmuffins is the reason I started following the #education tag - I always look forward to seeing that stripey icon show up on my dash - and she’s got impeccable taste in .gifs. If I could be half the teacher she is I’d be a legend indeed. She teaches 6th grade Language Arts.
2. lhuddles always has great stories to tell of her students and the most clever of ideas. She teaches middle school as well, so it’s a bit closer to your future age range. Plus she has a cat.
3. adiemtocarpe is a warrior - after an awful last year, she stuck it out and has been rocking out third grade in the inner city. She’s also got a really fascinating life. It’s like a primetime soap about teachers up in here.
4. novicephoenix asks really good questions about educational practices and is just a solid, quality blog. Every post of hers is worth reading and many have a lot to do with literacy and reading, also up your alley.
I follow lots of awesome blogs, but those are just a few that you might be interested in that I wanted to throw your way.
Keep the excitement for teaching and don’t let anyone [crabby old teachers included] take it away. :)
Blossoming relationship mix-tapes are the best - what's on your playlist?
[cracks knuckles] Just click any of these for the embedded Spotify player.
Brendan James - Anything for You [whimsical, and reflective of the outrageous demands a language arts teacher will make when you accidentally offer to do “anything” without using qualifications]
Ingrid Michaelson - You and I [because we spoon like no one else]
The Lennings - You’re the One That I Want [because she is, and this is hands-down the best cover]
Lily Allen - Chinese [this song got us through the long distance part of our relationship]
Nicole Cassesse - I Will Follow You Into the Dark [a cover of one of her husband’s songs]
That’s what I have for now :o)