Shaun Crump Arrest Speech
10 people were arrested at Occupy Houston last one. One is an Iraq Veteran. These are his words about being arrested.
“prosecutorial misconduct occurred in 91 Texas criminal cases between 2004 and 2008, [but] not a single prosecutor among those has ever been disciplined for their misbehavior.”—Panel Emphasizes Need for Prosecutorial Oversight - News - The Austin Chronicle
#occupysanantonio Our brothers, sisters, cousins, mothers, fathers, grandfathers, grandmothers, and comrades in New York had their freedoms stomped on by their own government tonight. We call on all Occupy San Antonio supporters to make a showing in HemisFair Plaza tomorrow to show our solidarity. This movement will not be terrorized into going away.
Teach-In: Student Loan Amnesty & Restoring the Texas Education Budget
Wednesday, November 9 · 8:00pm - 10:30pm
• American student loan debt has reached $1 TRILLION
• An entire generation is being CRUSHED under this burden
• Learn how to FIGHT for cancellation of these debts
• The Texas Legislature cut $5 BILLION from the Texas Public
• Resulting in teacher layoffs, larger class sizes, and poorer services
in a state with a GROWING student population
• Learn how to FIGHT for the restoration of the budget to meet the
needs of a progressive 21st Century education
Wednesday November 9th – 8:00 – 8:30 pm
Hemisfair Park – Across from La Villita next to the Magik Theater