Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
Top 10 Reasons Republicans Were Wrong to Kill NOAA Climate Service
1. Axing the NCS didn’t save any money.
2. The NCS would increase government efficiency.
3. House Republicans based their opposition to the NCS on nothing more than climate denial.
4. Current services are already falling behind demand.
5. Not having an NCS keeps benefits from accruing to large industries, small businesses, and farmers.
6. The NCS would stimulate investment and economic growth.
7. The NCS would help businesses and communities become more prepared and resilient.
8. The NCS would help firefighters predict extreme fire and drought seasons.
9. The NCS would strengthen our national security.
10. A few House GOP extremists derailed a proposal with widespread support.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock a move like this should be expected from the GOP. They hate intellectualism of any form, especially if it threatens them in some manner. Climate science is most definitely a threat. They don’t give a fuck about spending or government waste or improving the nation; they seek to grant power to handful of individuals, be they rich bastards or religious leaders. The ideal Republican nation is controlled by a rich clergyman and anything that gets in their way must be crushed.