Follow posts tagged #newspaper nails in seconds.Sign up
- 1 Small glass
- Rubbing alcohol or vodka
- 10 Strips of newspaper (big enough to cover each nail)
- Any light colored nail polish (whites and pastels work best)
- Clear top coat polish
- Polish your nails with your desired coats and let dry
- Pour some rubbing alcohol/vodka in the small glass
- Dip your (dried) nail in the rubbing alcohol/vodka (make sure you wet whole nail)
- Place and press a strip of the newspaper on your nail and hold firmly but careful for 30 seconds. (do NOT Move the strip around)
- Remove strip and repeat on each nail or a select few nails if desired
- Finally, polish your nails with a good clear top coat to seal the deal.
Cute Nail Trend
A lot of people love to paint their nails and toenails all year round. But now especially, when we start to default to flip-flops and sandals, painting nails can become really fun.
The “newspaper nails” is a really cute nail trend that looks professionally done, while also sophisticated and fun.
Here’s how to do it:
- squares of newspaper a little bigger than your nails (personalize with whatever newspaper content you want ^.^)
-rubbing alcohol in a container that you can put your fingers into
-white nail polish
-clear nail polish (optional)
1) Coat your fingernails with white nail polish. Let them dry entirely before moving on to the next step.
2) Dip one fingernail into the rubbing alcohol for about 30-40 seconds (sometimes, more time is needed)
3) Remove your finger from the alcohol and press down a square of newspaper onto that fingernail. Don’t move it after you’ve put it down! It will smudge. Leave the square on until all the rubbing alcohol on your finger has been used up or you notice the the newspaper design has transferred.
4) Repeat with each of your nails
5) Paint over with a coat of clear nail polish for a more finished look
Note: Some newspaper might stick to your nails when doing this. After your newpaper nails have dried you can wash that newspaper off with water.