Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
SUPERDUPER RAFFLE OF AWESOMENESS
Do you want to win some sweet running swag and help beat cancer into submission? I thought you might!
ALL OF THIS COULD BE YOURS! **Vanna White demonstration**
There are five prize packages:
- $15 RoadID gift card + 4GB iPod Nano (2nd generation) in lime green w/ USB cord and wall charger
- $15 RoadID gift card + your choice of one WWPD (What Would Pre Do?) t-shirt
- $15 RoadID gift card + roll of KT Tape, color of your choice
- $15 RoadID gift card + CamelBak waterbottle + Nuun tabs, flavor of your choice
- $15 RoadID gift card + sampler of endurance energy products (Gu, Clif, Stinger)
How do you win said packages? This is a classic raffle. Buy tickets and put them into whichever “basket” you want to win by letting me know with your donation or sending me an ask. (Baskets = iPod, t-shirt, KT, water, fuel)
- every $1 = 1 entry
- every $10 = extra 2 entries
- every $25 = extra 5 entries
- every $50 = extra 15 entries
- reblogging = extra 2 entries (once a day)
- posting this to other social media = extra 2 entries (once a day, but you must let me know where you posted!)
- multiple entries can be placed in different baskets
Raffle begins today and ends August 31st at midnight EST. Winners will be announced September 1st at noon EST.
International entries more than welcome!
New York City Marathon Changes Guaranteed Entry Program
Due to an increasing number of runners seeking guaranteed entry into the NYC Marathon, the organizers have changed the guaranteed entry requirements, starting with the 2012 race.
Here is a summary of the changes:
- Starting with the 2014 race, applicants denied entry for 3 years in a row will not be eligible for guaranteed entry.
- Runners who have completed 15 or more NYC Marathons by 2015 will be eligible for guaranteed entry. Those who complete 15 or more NYC Marathons after 2015 will not be eligible.
- Starting with the 2013 race, guaranteed entry qualifying times will be reduced. They will be in 5 year age brackets and will be equivalent to an age-graded score of 75% (well into the regional class bracket).
Here are the new qualifying times:
Marathon Half Marathon
Men 2:45 1:19
Women 3:00 1:27
Men 2:50 1:23
Women 3:10 1:30
Men 2:58 1:25
Women 3:21 1:34
Men 3:06 1:29
Women 3:35 1:40
Men 3:14 1:33
Women 3:49 1:46
Men 3:24 1:39
Women 4:06 1:52
Men 3:35 1:42
Women 4:26 2:02
Men 3:46 1:48
Women 4:50 2:12
For more info on the ING NYC Marathon Guaranteed Entry options, you can go to this link.
What do you think of these changes? Are they fair? Tell me in the comments.
City Urges Hurricane Victims to Get Over It Because We've Got A Marathon to Host
The New York City Marathon is the largest in the world. This year, 47,000 people registered for the race. But, snag: Hurricane Sandy rolled into town, wreaking havoc, killing dozens, knocking out power, and pushing entire neighborhoods out of their homes. And rather than cancel the race and divert resources to hurricane recovery and rescue efforts (fun fact: we’re still finding bodies here), organizers have decided to press on ahead as planned, further disenfranchising hurricane victims.
Look: I understand the need for the city to come together and recover quickly and not let anything keep us down because we’re NEW YAWKERS or whatever, but holy shit is holding the race this weekend inappropriate.