Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
A Dangan Ronpa AU where nobody gets murdered and they all grow old together instead.
With thanks to the lovely & helpful needlekind for her assistance.
Welcome to Hope’s Peak Retirement Home: An elite retirement home that accepts only elders of the highest caliber in their field. The people who, in their youth, provided the hope for the present and now may act as mentors to the students who may one day surpass them.
It is here where the 78th class of Hope’s Peak academy spend their retirement, and where they provide help and guidance to members of the 139th class.
- Sakura and Aoi are still fit as fiddles, even in their old age. Among their normal workout routines, they also host a water aerobics class for the rest of the community,
- After he broke his hip, Byakuya equipped himself with a state-of-the-art rich-person hover-wheelchair. Half the time he uses it to escape Syo, the other half of the time Touko ride around on it in his lap.
- Mondo gets awful arthritis in his hands and can no longer safely ride a motorcycle, so instead he’s got a scooter that members of his gang have pimped out for him. It’s loud and obnoxious and it scuffs the floor and he absolutely loves it.
- It also has a basket in the front that Chihiro occasionally rides around in (Chihiro is still a perfect angel, just older).
- Hagakure still has his dreadlocks, except now they’re long and grey and he’s got this HUGE BALD SPOT right on the back of his head. He’s had it for like a decade now, but nobody’s ever mentioned it to him, and they’re not really sure if he knows about it at all.
- When they were in their late fifties, Chihiro created an AI for Hifumi’s 2D girlfriend, who subsequently decided that he is was too old for her. He wouldn’t stop crying for days.
- Hifumi still tries to get a date from Alter Ego occasionally, who is now a hyper-advanced supercomputer capable of processing and denying his requests before he’s finished giving them.
- Junko (or should I say JunkOLD. Ha! I’m a goddamn comedian) still keeps the despair flowing, of course, but less than she used to.
- This isn’t because she’s slowed down, but rather because one time she swapped Makoto’s denture cream with wasabi and she gave him a heart attack (he survived). After that Mukuro started keeping a closer eye on her.
- Mukuro (Mukurold ahahahaha) keeps telling stories about “the war” and the hospital staff always sort of writes her off like, “haha, yes, we know Ms. Ikusaba, now finish your tea, okay?” And then one day the fire alarm goes off (Junko’s doing), and she just springs out of her seat, throws Junko over one shoulder and Makoto over the other and SPRINTS THE FUCK OUT OF THERE.
- Yasuhiro’s fortune telling gradually improved as he got older, eventually leaving him with a 45% accuracy rating. He brags to the staff that he’s almost as accurate as a coin flip and they’re all genuinely impressed.
- Celes has a daughter that looks and acts suspiciously like her. She was never pregnant, though, one day she just took her gambling earnings and bought a baby.
- Yasuhiro swears up and down that she had herself cloned and that the kid is her exact copy, and everyone is kind of worried that he might be right?
- When they ask Togami if it’s possible, he scoffs and tells them that anything is possible when you have enough cash. “Why, I could have you all cloned right now if I wanted.” After that everyone keeps a really close eye on their DNA. No hairs are left on the carpet, spittle is whiped cleanly from all drinking glasses.
- Kyouko has changed surprisingly little. Age has, if anything, only made her a better detective. She hasn’t come anywhere close to retiring, and spends more time outside the nursing home, investigating, than she does inside.
- Ishimaru is constantly getting his hands on an orderly uniform and wearing it around the home, enforcing rules everywhere he goes. He does such a good job of it that the owner doesn’t immediately realize that he isn’t actually a staff member. He ends up getting a weekly paycheck and everything.
- Makoto is still everyone’s goddamn babysitter. Somebody’s got to make sure everyone takes their pills on time and puts in the right dentures.
- Yasuhiro has earned millions of dollars in the fortune telling business and has lost almost all of it in child support payments. He’s got like 20 goddamn kids and more keep showing up and he’s not really sure where they keep coming from? He didn’t even raise most of them, ever since he turned forty, kids with dreadlocks have been showing up on his doorstep with tears in their eyes claiming to be his children.
- He has one granddaughter that he did have a hand in raising though, and she keeps showing up at the retirement home with various get-rich-quick schemes and plans to start a business that never quite pan out. He always loans her the money she asks for, and even asks Byakuya and Celes to loan her money too (they refuse) (he later finds out that she’s a SHSL Con Artist).
- Leon actually grew up to be a pro baseball player (much to his chagrin, his career in punk rock didn’t pan out as he had hoped). He hated it and constantly complained at the time, but now that he’s old and retired it’s literally all he ever talks about. He’s a nonstop chatterbox about how great baseball is and how much he misses playing pro baseball and hey guys do you want to play baseball and oh my god baseball.
- Sakura and Aoi adopted two kids, a boy and a girl. Both kids are sportsy and kick ass- the boy getting the bronze metal for the 100 yard dash in the Olympics, and the girl received the silver metal for pole-vaulting. Their mothers were very proud.
- Leon owns 95% of the world’s Leon Kuwata baseball cards. He hopes that, with less of his cards in circulation, his would become one of the most sought-after baseball cards in history.
- Sayaka’s music is now considered “classic jpop” and she’s honestly not sure how she feels about this? She still does performances with the rest of her group (who are very much still alive), even going so far as to go onstage in her idol outfit and a walker. Even in her old age, she hasn’t been forgotten by the people of the world.
- Mondo, Chihiro and Ishimaru never had any children of their own, save for Alter Ego- and what a kid Alter Ego turned out to be. While Alter Ego’s AI was capable of learning all the facts it needed to know from the computer’s programming, the trio did their best to teach it right from wrong. Ishimaru taught Alter Ego the importance of following rules, while Mondo taught Alter Ego the importance of breaking the rules. Chihiro, perhaps most importantly, taught Alter Ego how to make appropriate choices between the two.
- Even though Chihiro was contractually obligated to program Alter Ego for a faceless company, the trio became so attached to their AI child that they ended up breaking Chihiro’s contract (and paying a hefty fine, as a result) because they couldn’t bear to just sell her to a soulless corporation.
- After many decades of holding the title, Sakura isn’t the strongest person in the world anymore. She is, however, the eighth strongest person in the world. She doesn’t go to as many competitions as she used to, because the strain is hard on her back, but she intends to keep her title for as long as she can.
- As far as kids go, Byakuya and Touko never had any of their own in the traditional sense, but one time Touko stole a baby and Byakuya didn’t tell her to give it back. That child is now heir to the Togami conglomerate.
OKAY HERE WE GO YEAAHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh
this shouuuuld be everyone (except addison because hers is a special case and i don’t need to scan it in anyway when i can HAND IT TO HER), but if i missed ya, lemme know!