Follow posts tagged #nail trends in seconds.Sign up
Cute Nail Trend
A lot of people love to paint their nails and toenails all year round. But now especially, when we start to default to flip-flops and sandals, painting nails can become really fun.
The “newspaper nails” is a really cute nail trend that looks professionally done, while also sophisticated and fun.
Here’s how to do it:
- squares of newspaper a little bigger than your nails (personalize with whatever newspaper content you want ^.^)
-rubbing alcohol in a container that you can put your fingers into
-white nail polish
-clear nail polish (optional)
1) Coat your fingernails with white nail polish. Let them dry entirely before moving on to the next step.
2) Dip one fingernail into the rubbing alcohol for about 30-40 seconds (sometimes, more time is needed)
3) Remove your finger from the alcohol and press down a square of newspaper onto that fingernail. Don’t move it after you’ve put it down! It will smudge. Leave the square on until all the rubbing alcohol on your finger has been used up or you notice the the newspaper design has transferred.
4) Repeat with each of your nails
5) Paint over with a coat of clear nail polish for a more finished look
Note: Some newspaper might stick to your nails when doing this. After your newpaper nails have dried you can wash that newspaper off with water.