Follow posts tagged #must know in seconds.Sign up
Unofficial rules of tumblr that will hopefully not cause any controversy
I need to address the first rule: Not talking about tumblr outside of tumblr.
Believe it or not, there used to be a time when tumblr was a society full of accepting, compassionate people who celebrated each other’s uniqueness and our loserdom. As a tumblr user since July 2009 (who knows about tumblarity, cats vs sharks etc and pretty much all the changes that tumblr has gone through) I consider myself as a veteran of sorts. It was different back then. It was COOLER and LESS JUDGMENTAL back then.
I’m fine with new people coming and discovering it, but I DO NOT WANT those annoying facebook girls or guys who we ALL complain about ALL THE TIME on this site. Tumblr is not an elitist group - we just don’t want them here, okay? That’s why the ‘rule’ was made. We don’t want to keep it a secret from the public, we just don’t want douchebags or annoying bitches on here. The whole point of us creating a tumblr back then was to GET AWAY from all those people who we knew irl and to moan and bitch about them without being judged and considered rude.
- Don’t talk about tumblr TO REAL LIFE ‘FRIENDS’ WHOM YOU DISLIKE. You’re going to bitch about them constantly on your own blog, and if they come here on tumblr, it will cause disturbance, trust me. EVERYONE here is going to bitch about facebook, so don’t put your tumblr url on your status and be all ‘Follow me I made a tumblr hurr durr’ unless you’re cool with everyone who is going to see your blog. We are accepting people, unless you’re a douchebag.
- If there’s some content on someone’s blog that you don’t like, UNFOLLOW. Don’t bitch and moan and go into their ask as anon and be like ‘You used to post cool stuff but now you have changed, I don’t like it’ - chances are, they won’t give a flying fuck.
- You’re/your, Their/they’re/there, It’s/its. Learn the difference.
- Try and learn the memes if you can - it will make life so much easier for you.
- Sarcasm is not the lowest form of wit. It’s the common language that we speak here. Try not to take us too seriously.
- Do not save pictures and repost them, or change the source link to your own url. It’s stealing, and it’s not tolerated. Give people credit for the work they have done.
- If you’re homophobic (and saying ‘I don’t care if you’re gay, just don’t show it in public’ goes into that category) -GTFO. We stand for EQUALITY here. We accept everyone as they are, no matter what their sexuality is.
- Same rule applies for religion. Don’t assume that all christians are like the Westborough baptist church. Don’t assume that all catholics are like the Pope. We don’t talk smack about the Atheists, so return the same favour.
- Post whatever the hell you want AS LONG IT’S NOT OFFENSIVE. If someone doesn’t like seeing it on their dash, answer them with a:
- Don’t make posts saying YOU HAVE TO REBLOG THIS or THIS IS AN INSTA-REBLOG POST. No. We don’t HAVE to do it.
The Abs Diet revolves around a dozen delicious, convenient foods called the Abs Diet Powerfoods. All you need to do is eat the acronym: Almonds and other nuts, Beans and other legumes, Spinach and other green vegetables, Dairy (low-fat), Instant oatmeal, Eggs, Turkey and other lean meats, Peanut butter, Olive oil, Whole-grain breads and cereals, Extra-protein (whey) powder, Raspberries and other berries.
These are among the best sources of protein, fiber, and all the other ingredients and nutrients that help fight fat. In fact, they’re so good for you that they’ll just about single-handedly exchange your fat for a toned, lean body and sexy abs. You can base entire meals and snacks around them, but you don’t have to. Just be sure to follow these simple rules.
* Incorporate two or three of these foods into each of your meals and at least one of them into each snack.
* Diversify your food at every meal to get a combination of protein, carbohydrates, and fat.
* Sneak a little protein into each snack.
A - Almonds and other nuts (with skins intact)
Superpowers Builds muscle, reduces cravings
Fights Obesity, heart disease, muscle loss, wrinkles, cancer, high blood pressure
B - Beans and legumes
Superpowers Builds muscle, helps burn fat, regulates digestion
Fights Obesity, colon cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure
S - Spinach and other green vegetables
Superpowers Neutralizes free radicals, molecules that accelerate the aging process
Fights Cancer, heart disease, stroke, obesity, osteoporosis
D - Dairy products (fat-free or low-fat milk, yogurt, cheese)
Superpowers Builds strong bones, fires up weight loss
Fights Osteoporosis, obesity, high blood pressure, cancer
I - Instant oatmeal (unsweetened, unflavored)
Superpowers Boosts energy, reduces cholesterol, maintains blood sugar levels
Fights Heart disease, diabetes, colon cancer, obesity
E - Eggs
Superpowers Builds muscle, burns fat
T - Turkey and other lean meats
Superpowers Builds muscle, strengthens immune system
Fights Obesity, various diseases
P - Peanut butter
Superpowers Boosts testosterone, builds muscle, burns fat
Fights Obesity, muscle loss, wrinkles, cardiovascular disease
O - Olive oil
Superpowers Lowers cholesterol, boosts immune system
Fights Obesity, cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure
W - Whole-grain breads and cereals
Superpowers Prevents body from storing fat
Fights Obesity, cancer, high blood pressure, heart disease
E - Extra-protein (whey) powder
Superpowers Builds muscle, burns fat
R - Raspberries and other berries
Superpowers Protects heart; enhances eyesight; improves balance, coordination, and short-term memory; prevents cravings
Fights Heart disease, cancer, obesity
501 Must know speeches
I own a book titled thus. I’ve looked all the way through several times, but I can’t seem to find some of the Major Speeches. So I have decided to enlighten the world to these missed examples
- King Theoden on the Pelennor Fields
- Lord Aragorn before the Black Gates
- Samwise Gamgee in Osgiliath
- Nathan Young at the end of Series one Misfits
- James Cook end of series 4 Skins
- Jules Winnfield ‘Path of the Righteous man’
- Rufus Scrimgeour start of Deathly Hallows
- William Wallace (Braveheart) at Falkirk
- Raoul Duke ‘The Wave’ speech
- Full Metal Jacket Drill instuctor Motavational speech
- Goku’s ‘I am’ Speech
- Doctor Who Stonehenge speech. Pandorica
- Ronald Weasley upon returning to Hermione and Harry. Light touching his heart.
- Withnail and I Hamlet Soliloquy
- Dark Knight final scene ‘The hero gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now.’
- Doctor Who The Fury of a timelord
- Obi Wan Kenobi End of episode 4, fight with Darth vader
- Yoda ‘My allie is the force’
- Renton ‘Choose Life’ Trainspotting
- Harry Potter ‘Your the Weak one’
Feel free to let me know your favourite Fictional Speech.