100 Calorie Whole Wheat Banana Muffin Recipe
The perfect dessert. Or breakfast. Or random healthy snack.
I tried making muffin faces with strawberries and blueberries. They don’t look too happy. Sorry, it was 12AM.
OMG gorgeous! Look how they turned out!
Moist and superbly delightful. Not too sweet.
* 100g instant oatmeal
* 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
* 1 TBSP baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* 1/8 tsp salt
* 1 cup of mashed banana (I used 2 bananas and the bread was just sweet enough, but if you like really sweet, use 3)
* 1/4 cup splenda (didn’t have any, so used regular sugar, that’s why the muffin is 100 cals, it could be less)
* 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
* 3 TBSP egg white
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Mix all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Set oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Then mix all of the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl. I added the banana to this mixture and mushed it up with a spoon. I left it kind of chunky so that I could taste the chunks in my muffin.
3. Now mix both together in the large mixing bowl.
4. Once all stirred up and even, spray a muffin pan with cooking spray and then dollop the batter into each little muffin hole. Makes 12.
5. Top with fruits if you desire.
6. Place in oven for 15-20 min. To check if your muffins are done, take a toothpick and puncture the bread. If it comes out clean you’re done. If it comes out with some goo sticking on it, you need to leave it in the oven a wee bit longer.
OMG YUM is all I have to say. I was supposed to only “try” one, but I ate two and yes I could still eat more. They are soooooooooooo goooooooood! Moist and just SLIGHTLY sweet. If you really like super sweetness, add the 3rd banana.
1 muffin (1 serving): 100 calories, 0.8g fat, 22 g carbs, 2.2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Total recipe (12 muffins): 1200 calories, 10g fat, 255g carbs, 27g fiber, 35g protein. Vitamin A 6%. Vitamin C 42%. Calcium 14%. Iron 38%.
Delicious Chai- Muffins ♥ Recipe
I love those, they taste extremely yummy, are easy to bake and you don’t need a lot to make them. I thought I’d share the recipe here with you :)
What you need (because most of you won’t have a clue what all the stuff is):
I mixed whole-meal flour and white flour because I always do that, you can also just use one of them. About the coconut butter, you can of course also just use normal butter for that but as I also always cook with coconut butter I listed this, it gives the muffins a slight coconut taste. Ah and I just realized I missed writing that you also need about 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
First of all preheat oven to 180°C :)
Heat milk until it starts to boil, set pan aside and add the tea bags to it. Leave until needed again (and enjoy the smell in the meantime ♥)
Combine coconut butter and sugar until the mixture looks smooth and something like this:
Add ginger, salt and cinnamon to the mass. Add the eggs one at a time and make sure everything is properly combined.
Then add a third of the flour to the butter and sugar mixture and beat well. Pour in a third of the milk/tea mixture and beat. Repeat until all the flour and milk has been added.
The consistence of the dough should be quite liquid, like this ↓. If it’s too hard just add a little milk, if it’s too liquid add a bit of flour.
Carefully spoon mixture into cupcake cases, filling each one two-thirds full.
Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. Test to see if they are cooked (with poking into them with a fork for example. Look if the dough sticks to the fork, if it does they most likely will still need some minutes). In the meantime clean the kitchen and don’t eat too much dough or you’ll get stomach ache ;)
Leave them in the cupcake cases for about 10 minutes so they can cool off.
Now…enjoy them :)
✽ Yummy...Donut Muffins
Baked up some of these deelish muffins yesterday…and today they’re all gone!
The recipe I had was really big so I halved it (Nikki-style :oP) …so it reads kinda crazy like, but it works, and it’s super yummy…and that’s all that matters :o)
- ¾ c unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ c + 2 tbs. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 c flour
- 1 tbs. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. + 1/8 tsp. salt (told ya it was crazy, lol)*
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ c buttermilk (I just used regular milk and added a squirt on lemon juice)
- ½ + ⅓ c milk (…whatever)
- ⅓ c sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tbs. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350〫
Cream together the butter and sugar.
Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in each one thoroughly. Sift (I just use a whisk to combine) all the dry ingredients together.
Whisk together the buttermilk and the regular milk.
Alternate adding the dry and wet ingredients to the butter and sugar mixture, mix just until combined (otherwise the muffins will be like lead, lol).
Divide the batter into a muffin pan (either lined or sprayed)…I use my large baking scoop to fill them (it’s like an ice cream scoop), and it seems to be the perfect amount. Bake for 20-25 minutes (but that’s my oven, so keep an eye on them, I’d hate for them to over bake).
Just before the donut muffins are finished baking, melt the butter and mix together the sugar and cinnamon…keep them separate.
When the muffins are done baking, let them cool Just enough until you can pick them up easily without burning your fingers….brush (or dip) them with the melted butter and then dip the in the sugar mix….then eat one while it’s still warm! ….maybe two!
*if you know what the real measurements for these weird ones are let me know :o)
Healthy Chocolate Chip Muffins!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Stevia (I used Stevia: In the Raw)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce (I used natural applesauce)
- 1 mashed banana, preferably very ripe!
- 1/3 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/3 cup plain/original Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Mix together dry ingredients (flour, Stevia, baking soda, baking powder, salt) in one bowl and other ingredients in a separate bowl. Whisk dry ingredients to the rest little by little. Lastly, fold in chocolate chips with a rubber spatula.
Either spray cupcake tin, add silicone muffin cups and spray them, or put in paper muffin cups into the tin. Fill each cup 3/4 full.
Recipe yields 12 muffins.
Green Tea Muffins
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoon matcha powder
- canned sweetened azuki bean, (1/2 teaspoon for each muffins)
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Butter muffin pans. Mix the flour, matcha powder, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl.
Add the egg, milk, and butter, stirring only enough to dampen the flour; the batter should not be smooth.
Spoon into the muffin pans, filling each cup about half full, dropping 1/2 teaspoon of azuki beans into each over and cover with more batter, until the cup is two-thirds full. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes each. Or until the cake tester inserted comes out clean.
Enjoy cooking with LoveFromKitchen!