Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
Tips for Coping with a Dreary Mood
1. Accept that we all feel low at times (but recognize that’s different from clinical depression.)
2. Don’t beat yourself up about feeling miserable. Remind yourself it’s normal to feel this way sometimes. (That is, we all feel bored, discouraged or a failure at times.)
3. Be real and acknowledge that today is a bad day so it’s going to be harder to keep your motivation.
4. Think about one thing you can try or do to interrupt your thinking and take your mind off things.
5. Get up from sofa, or switch off your computer, and make the small commitment to take some form of action. For example, just going for a walk can start to lift and change your mood.
6. Smile at yourself, and other people you encounter. You’ll start to feel more human, and things won’t seem so bad.
7. Don’t keep looking back, or going over what went wrong. That won’t help your feelings, or help to move you on.
8. Think of things that make you happy, or people you enjoy, or all the many things that you are grateful for.