Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
Tom is snoring on the bed while I struggle through my last two readings. Let me tell you they are NOT succinct. I’m so happy that I’ve been able to spend the day with him, I thought I wasn’t going to see him till monday but wazam! He showed up at my Rob hangs last night. Smiles.
Here is a picture of some Mississippi Mudcake and Nutmeg & Walnut Pie mum and I had at Bite to Eat in Pearce.
Okay, I can’t decide what to have for my birthday dinner this Thursday when I turn 45. And no, there will be no one around—I don’t have friends here and my brother and sister-in-law in town will certainly not bestir themselves one bit. Just to explain. This isn’t new or anything. And yes I would move somewhere better the very second I could.
ANYWAY. Birthday dinner! I want one, I’m getting one.
Here are the options I’ve come up with so far. Keeping in mind I’m beyond totally broke and should probably eat acorns. Or fiddleheads, which are out now, but I have no idea which ones people eat and I’m not going to croak from eating the wrong ferns, sheesh.
1. decadent and cheap: get those boneless chicken strip things from KFC. I’m somewhat allergic but not deadly. I have a weird food lust for them.
2. take myself out for fish at a restaurant: more expensive, plus fraught with sitting alone discomfort and waitress pity/scorn. Might not be any good, plus allergy risk is much higher. But I do love love love the fish. Mmm, fish.
3. make that fancy pizza at home from scratch, with provolone, walnuts, pears, and gorgonzola. Exceedingly delicious, but expensive. Allergy risk mild.
4. make a less fancy but delicious pizza like no-preservatives pepperoni and whatnot. Has potential. Reeks of compromise.
5. eat my usual dinner of something like rice and peas or quinoa and green beans or whatever. Grim! Not an option.
6. go out for Thai food, my favorite, also formerly sort of a birthday tradition for me pre-sulfite-allergy, except it would probably kind of kill me dead, oops.
7. make some bright orange box mac and cheese: allergic all kinds of ways, but boy am I craving it lately. Advantage: cheap, decadent, gleeful, shooting the moon.
8. buy tequila and limes and tostitos (no preservatives!) and cheese and make nachos and margaritas all night long. Advantages: deliciousness, cheapness, margaritaness, cheese.
I have to decide today or tomorrow so I can go to the store.
#8 is looking pretty great right now. I think it’s the margaritas. I’ll have to make the beans tomorrow, soaking and all that. Also buy some beans to start with, heh.
Now CAKE I have all figured out. I’m baking Mississippi Mud Cake in the antique springform bundt pan. SO GOOD. And 1234 Yellow Cake into cupcakes, which I get to decorate up all kinds of ways. Fun times!
I also need to get some model glue and work on my fiber optic DS9 station. Yes.
There, now I’m all excited. Mission accomplished!