Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
- society: *criticizes girls for being fat, ugly and slutty*
- girls: *criticize other girls for being fat, ugly and slutty*
- society: what is Up with this Epidemic of Girl Bullying. Girls are just so catty and mean! when I was a Young Lass we never had to worry about this but now with the Tweeter and the My Face, these Real Life Mean Girls can Run Rampant! Golly gee, when boys fight they just hit each other and it's over, but girls are So Horrible.
Things I dont understand part 1
- Why do men get to have a say in women’s rights?
- Why do straight people get to decide if queer people can marry?
- Why do only white people get to decide if something’s “really” racist?
- Why does anyone who is not a part of a group try to make decisions for and about that group? Like what they can and cant do, what’s a “real” issue and what isnt, and whether they have a “right” to feel angry or not?
“I think the best moment in my life was when I was going to kick that guy's ass on stage for touching that girl without her permission in our audience. I mean, like..I almost blacked out. I just saw it and I almost lost all conscious thought when I was singing. It was like I was possessed or something. I mean..how deluded are you as a man to think you can just claim ownership over a woman? This isn't some kinky BDSM shit. This is your power hungry little dick acting out because you have issues.”—Kurt Cobain
Sometimes I think about:
- how Missouri was originally supposed to have Bobby’s storyline
- how Anna was supposed to have Castiel’s storyline
- how big of a role Jo, Ellen, and the Roadhouse had back in S2—Sam and Dean spoke to them way more than Bobby that season—but Kripke decided he hated the Roadhouse and burned it down for some nonsensical reason
- how Ellen and Jo came back just in time to die fighting Lucifer, and how Castiel and Bobby were brought back when they died doing the same thing, but Ellen and Jo weren’t
- how Castiel and Ruby had parallel storylines once, and he’s brought back to life time and time again to redeem himself from all his near world-ending mistakes that he made with the best intentions, but she wasn’t given one chance to do the same
- how Bela knew even less than Dean when she made her demon deal, didn’t have a Sam to her Dean, had the people who were supposed to take care of her hurt her, had absolutely no one to rely on other than herself, certainly didn’t deserve to go to hell, was an interesting character who paralleled Dean’s own journey in S3 and could have done so much if they brought her back … but they never did
- how Dean was ultimately right for killing Amy (and emotionally manipulating Sam into agreeing with his decision to do so), but he was also right for befriending Benny and Benny got to be the only good monster because Dean’s always right and Dean said so
- (also how the only thing Benny did to define himself as a character outside of Dean was to kill Andrea for going through the same painful journey with blood addiction that Benny himself did and not living up to the perfect ideal that Benny built in his head)
- how they could have brought back Lenore if they wanted to explore this journey, but nope she was only in 2 episodes and in the second she was brought back to be unceremoniously killed off about a minute after she arrived
- how Lilith had to die to make way for Lucifer—the real big bad
- how Eve had to die to make way for Crowley/Castiel/Raphael who the fuck ever
- how Raphael—once he had a female vessel—was painted as a one-dimensional villain and killed off to make way for Godstiel
- how Naomi was killed to make way for Metatron
- how many women in general who have died for the sole purpose of fueling the cishet while male protagonists’ man pain
And I get really mad.
Life is sure good if you’re a white dude.
On the topic of gendered slurs...
like: bitch, cunt, twat, pussy
When you insult a woman with one of those words, you insult her fundamental identity (being a woman) at it’s very core.
When you insult a man with one of those words, you insult him by associating him with women and/or conflating his behavior with that of a woman (as decreed by stereotypes, of course)
So what’s the difference between calling a man a “whiny little bitch” instead of a “whiny little shit”? Both are used to attack someone you don’t like. But only the first one carries the additional meaning “…and that makes you like a woman”
Men, kindly leave us the fuck out of your insults.
My identity is NOT an insult.
Also, cis-men, you do not ever ever ever get to say these words because it is impossible for you to actually reclaim them. I do not care if you’ve been called them before. That word wasn’t actually directed at YOU, it was used to try to lump you in with US. They are completely and irrevocably bound to their misogynistic meaning and there is no way to use them (in regards to men) without carrying along all of that woman-hating baggage.
If you can’t think of a way to insult someone without making gender the focal point, you don’t deserve language.