#60: Drink Water at Saratoga's Famous Springs
#60: Drink Water at Saratoga’s Famous Springs
I’m not going to lie to you: some of these springs taste like ass because of all the minerals and junk in the water. However, Saratoga gained its fame from the healing properties of the water. Drink it, bring some home and soak in it, soak your aching feet in it, etc.
I think it’s fun not just to try to track down on the springs (it’s a scavenger hunt!) but to see how varied and different the water tastes! Have you been to all of the springs? There are 18!
With the exception of the spring at the Race Track, all of these are free to access and drink from! This is a great learning tool for your kiddos, too, to teach them about vitamins and minerals.
- Polaris Spring: Located in the middle of Saratoga Spa State Park, right off Geyser Loop Road.
- Charlie Spring: Located near the Hall of Springs entrance to SPAC.
- Hathorn Spring One: Located on the Northeast corner of Putnam and Spring Streets
- Deer Park Spring: Congress Park near Broadway, at the green and white cast iron monument.
- Geyser Spring: Located at the rear of the rectangular stone column under the Joseph Bruno Pavilion.
- State Seal Spring: Located on the Avenue of the Pines, under the Joseph Bruno Pavilion.
- Congress Spring: Located directly underneath the covered pavilion in Congress Park.
- Hayes Well Spring: Located in Saratoga State Park, next to the Geyser Island Spouter.
- Geyser Island Spouter: Located right off Loop Road in the Saratoga Spa State Park, surrounded by an island of hardened minerals.
- Columbian Spring: Located in the heart of Saratoga near Congress Street at Broadway Avenue.
- High Rock Spring: Located across Maple Avenue from the Olde Bryan Inn.
- Governor Spring: Located on High Rock Avenue, right next to the Peerless Spring and across from High Rock Spring.
- Hathorn Spring No. 3: Located in Saratoga Spa State Park.
- Orenda Spring and Tufa Deposits: Located just past the Geyser Island Spouter.
- Big Red Spring: Located in the Saratoga Race Track, near the paddock at the back.
- Peerless Spring: Located in High Rock Park, across from the High Rock Spring.
- Old Red Spring: Located on High Rock Avenue, past Empire Spring.
- Empire Spring: Located on Excelsior Avenue in the restored Van Raalte knitting mill.