Follow posts tagged #middletown in seconds.Sign up
Extra Special February Run
Hey guess what? It’s February. Month 2 of 12 in my Runelation. And this month’s race is extra special.
About two weeks ago I bated my pretty eyes at the husband and said “do you want to do a Valentine’s 5k with me?” There was some hesitation when I told him the race is outside but his final decision was “that sounds like fun”. Maybe he’s hopping on the Runelation train with me?
There are two Sweetheart Shuffle’s happening within a comfortable driving distance from our house. Since my January race was in Troy, I opted to register for the Sweetheart Shuffle in Middletown. I registered us as a “twosome”.. maybe we need some funny-make-me-wanna-gag swag for this event? Like matching oversized sweatshirts of two kittens kissing with hearts circling above.
(please click picture for source)
While it is super sweet to run a Valentine’s race with my main squeeze that’s not why this race is extra special…
A few months ago I started reading Shut Up and Run’s blog because Kimi told me she is hilarious. (I concur.) However, earlier this month as I was catching up with my Google Reader subscriptions Beth posted that her cousin and friend went missing during an early morning run. 5 days later Beth learned that her cousin was never coming home. You may read more about Sherry Arnold here if you’d like. What happened to Sherry is terrible, evil and devastating. There is more I could say about this heinous act of selfishness but I won’t.
SUAR’s readers (including myself) flooded her inbox with prayers, support and warm words. When Beth mentioned having a virtual run for Sherry, we all sent cheers of encouragement. While we cannot change what has happened, we can let good prevail and honor a life that was taken too soon.
Please join me on Saturday February 11, 2012 for a Virtual Run for Sherry Arnold. If you’re not a runner pick your favorite activity (cycle, walk, hike, rollerblade, swim, dance) and dedicate it to Sherry, to Beth and the rest of their family and friends.
Today's Thoughts 1/25/12
- YES! I have made history and integrated my ELA class from it’s gender segregation. I am officially part of the little middletown 3 (see what I did there?)
- Who is this Jon Eagle? He seems nice. Daw- I’m glad we are working with Marc and Jon. They’re such sweeties.
- Amanda forget her hangman word. Ugh. She ruined the schedule. (as if this were a big deal) At least Jon taught us the word kurt. haha. About that Jon, you spell it with a c. The word is curt.
- What is a phallic symbol? Oh my gosh, that means penis. Umm, my parents don’t teach me this at home.
- Why are we reading a book about rape? Why is Mark making those faces at me when we are talking about penises! Can’t you see this is not a good time to make faces that I don’t understand?
- I really want to go see that guy from Catch Me If You Can make his speech, but it’s the third day of class, I can’t miss the third day of class.
- Oh…. so that’s why it’s called the vertical line test.
- Sabina’s outfit is so cute today! Why isn’t my style up to par with hers? Why did I have to slack today after she just said yesterday that I have such great style?
- Avoid Darion. Avoid Darion. Avoid eye contact with Darion. Why can’t we be friends? Why is this so awkward? Avoid Darion just like he is trying to avoid you.
- Oh no! We are speaking French with partners and moving around the room! What if I have to be partners with Darion? Oh my gosh, the tallest person is moving- why have I not been partners with Darion? Ugh.
- Do the word scramble, just get it done in class so you don’t have to take it home. Finish it Kayla!
- No Jessica, I don’t want to let you sit with me at lunch. Make your own friends and stop using me because I am nice….. thank goodness you didn’t sit with me. Don’t even bother to ask tomorrow because I’m still going to say no.
- Ah! The sun is blinding my eyes. Awe, Amanda why’d you take my seat? Well, it’s fine. A-man-wich sandwich.
- Why is Mark looking at me at lunch. Oh my gosh, is that not the 6th time you’ve turned around? Stop turning around.
- Oh my gosh. Glen turned around too. He might be looking at me. Glen <3
- Eek! Glen is walking by. Wave Kayla, wave. Why am I turning pink? Don’t let Glen see you are turning pink. AWE, he turned pink. He has such a cute smile. Awe, I embarrassed him. Whatta cutie. Maybe one day I’ll go to prom with Glen.
- Mankpurr in my group? Great, now she is going to crash everyone’s ideas and take the speaking part. *sigh* I wish I didn’t look up to her so much.
- WHAT? I have to stay after school for DECA State Testing?!? Shut up, you’re joking right? Okay, why such a short notice! I didn’t get to study. My paper is at home. I am frazzled right now! FRAZZLED! Ugh. How am I supposed to make it to nationals if I didn’t even study!
- I want raviolis for dinner mom! You always ask for suggestions, so why are you getting mad now?
- You’re going to do what? Take my phone away for a week if I don’t clean my room? Lady, where are you coming from?
- I really don’t want to play Just Dance 3 with Chloe….. ooh ooh! I am winning! Sucka.
- Where is my mom? Why is my bookbag open? That hag, I bet she took my phone from my bookbag. What kind of world do I live in?
- Ariel got her phone taken away? Let me call her house phone and see why…. three hours later… It’s 10:00, I really need to do my homework now
- I’m so hungry. What food will not keep the weight if I eat it before bed?
- Paige answered me! Woooo. Time to gossip to her and talk about life.
- I just spent 35 minutes typing this when I could have been halfway done my english homework. The things tumblr does to me.
You’ve officially read my thoughts of the day. How did you make it through this while keeping your sanity?