Follow posts tagged #melborune in seconds.Sign up
How to properly say Australian cities. By an Australian.
- Never really finish saying your word / never finish your syllable.
- Melbourne: Mel-bun or Mel-ben (without over emphasizing the bun/ben or the l in Mel) not Mel-born (We laugh at you if you say Mel-born)
- Sydney: Sid-knee but say it with a bit of a twang. Don't stress the D.
- Perth: Pur-th. Simple.
- Hobart: Hoe - bart. Don't stress the T though. Strangely enough, some tourists struggle with this one. It does not sound like a variation of Hobbit like Hoe-bit. Yes, I've heard Hoe-bit.
- Canberra: Can-bra. Can-bera makes you sound funny.
- Brisbane: Much like Melbourne, Briz-bun or Briz-ben (once again without over emphasizing the bun/ben or the z in Briz). BRIZ-BAYN IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Darwin: Dar-wun. None of this Dar-win shit. Don't stress the W.
- Adelaide: Ada-laid, Ad-laid or Ad-el-laid is actually acceptable so long as you don't stress the E.
- Say everything lazily and like you don't care. Don't be proper. You'll be right. Because if you fully pronounce a letter - you sound stupid.
Today marks two months in Melbourne
In those past two months I have lost weight, and toned my body nicely. I have also acquired 50 shades darker of a skin tone.
Met some awesome people form all over the world. I have places to couch surf through Egypt, South America, Various Parts of Europe and New Zealand.
I have witnessed wild animals I have never seen before.
Quit smoking cigarettes
Learned a lot about agriculture and how to maintain our awesome garden.
Surfed the Pacific in the Southern hemisphere.
Seen things I’ve only read about.
and I’m sure there is more, but I just can’t re-collect right now.
Making a surf trip tomorrow. Been in Australia two damn months and haven’t been able to go surfing.
Spending the weekend on the Great Ocean Road and Apollo Bay Music Festival.
Plus, the weather is suppose to warm up a bit this weekend!
Let the drinking, smoking, surfing, music, camping, and other awesome shit commence.