Tumblr is where tens of millions of creative people around the world share and follow the things they love.Sign up to find more cool stuff to follow
Top 5: Best Punjabi Songs
Now that I have a little bit of “free” time, I can start writing my “top 5” lists. Anyways, the list below is of course subjective and is only based on my journey through this genre.
- Tere Tille Ton by Kuldeep Manak. This is one of the best songs within in the genre. Though Manak made several great songs, this is the greatest one.
- Jind Mahi by Malkit Singh. This is a song that you probably heard several times in your youth on those tape cassettes that your father has. For that reason alone, it should be on the list. Also, it’s a damn good song.
- Pind Diyan Galiyan by Gurdas Mann. This is guaranteed to make your parents cry as they reflect on their youth.
- Tera Yaar Bolda by Surjit Bindrakhia. I could put more of his songs on this list but then it would not be a top five list. Anyhow, this is his most popular song and it carries that weight for a reason.
- Pehle Lalkaare Nal by Chamkila. How could I not put him on this list? It’s a shame that he was taken so early from us. He should still be alive and throwing out classics.
I hope you enjoy those songs as well. I am sure that you might have a top five list that is completely different from mine but luckily the musical tradition is so rich where there could be many permutations of lists.