Follow posts tagged #malec, #tmi, and #alec lightwood in seconds.Sign up
I think everyone focuses too much on the glittery, gay, Malec part of Magnus. He's my favorite character because of these. The last ones are my favorites.
- Magnus: He’s very broken. Like a lovely vase that someone has smashed. Only luck and skill can put it back together the way it was before.
- Magnus: You’re seventeen. You can’t have wasted a life you've barely lived.
- Magnus: They say time heals all wounds, but that presumes the source of the grief is finite.
- Magnus: Blood isn’t love.
- Magnus: What he needs now is to love and have that love returned.
- Magnus: Every teenager in the world feels like that, feels broken or out of place, different somehow, royalty mistakenly born into a family of peasants. The difference in your case is that it's true.
- Magnus: I just don't see why the past has to matter.
- Magnus: If you insist on disavowing that which is ugly about what you do, you will never learn from your mistakes.
- Magnus: Those of you who are mortal, you burn so fiercely.
- Magnus: Pointless, needless suffering and pain? I don’t suppose it would help if I told you that was the way life is. The good suffer, the evil flourish, and all that is mortal passes away.
- Magnus: I can tell you that the end of a life is the sum of the love that was lived in it.
- Magnus: You endure what is unbearable, and you bear it. That is all.
- Magnus: There are some people — people the universe seems to have singled out for special destinies. Special favors and special torments. God knows we’re all drawn toward what’s beautiful and broken; I have been, but some people cannot be fixed. Or if they can be, it’s only by love and sacrifice so great it destroys the giver.