Elijah: Speaking of game-making, what was the name of the fake game y’all tried to get me into? Tig! Oh my god.
Billy: Tig, it was when we were filming Weathertop, and myself and Dom just started tagging each other, ya know, touching each other and going “tig! tig!” just for no reason. And then Sean came over and started doing it as well. And then we’d say “Tig tig, tig tag,” like, for no reason! And then Elijah came over and said ‘What are you guys doing?’ And we said, ‘oh, we’re playing a game called tig.’ And he says ‘oh, how do you play?’ And then we spent the next two hours making up rules.
Elijah: And trying to teach me, and of course I was getting everything wrong.
Sean: The three of us were ever frustrated that he wasn’t follwing these new rules that we were continuing to make up.
Dom: So we would play and the three of us we constantly getting it right. Every time Elijah tried a new way of tigging someone we’d say ‘No, Elijah, you can’t tig on a tog, you can’t tag on a tig, you have to do an elephant impression if you’re going to tig Billy, if Billy’s going to tig you back you have to get on your knees and take your trousers down.’
Billy: How many times Elijah, you can’t double tig a tag!
Dom: And for like 3 weeks he kept saying how much he enjoyed playing tig.
Billy: Do you remember we forgot to say it was a wind up? And it was like a year later he says ‘Why do we never play tig?’
Elijah: And they finally let the cat out of the bag. My whole world came shattering down on me when they told me that was a lie. For a whole year I believed that was a real game.
billy & dom's gray havens commentary
- Dom: Once again they cut out a couple of little lines out of here. When we shot the first time, I give him a hug and when he moves away I say ‘You still owe me 30 quid.’
- Billy: Which, you know I’m not sure if it works.
- Dom: Do you have a line?
- Billy: Yeah.
- Dom: What do you say?
- Billy: 'One of your hairs are in my mouth.’ when I cuddled him.
- Dom: ‘Does this mean I can have your bike?’ ‘Who’s moving into Bag End?’ ‘You’ve still not paid the phone bill.” None of these lines will work.
- Billy: But they’re lines nonetheless.
- Orlando: You see them (the ringwraiths) stabbing the pillows and you really think *gasp* they've got them!
- Dominic: They're probably saying to each other: "Oh, the hobbits are just pillows! They're just pillows! Who would've thought it."
- Billy: "They've become feathers! When you stab them."
- Dominic: "How can he carry a ring if he's just made of feathers?"
Rewatching LOTR commentary
Christopher Lee: goes on in depth about the canon and his own interpretation.
Ian McKellen: being all excited about the moviemaking stuff
Orlando Bloom: geeking out about things
Elijah Wood, Sean Astin, Dominic Monoghan, and Billy Boyd: some movie discussions, lots of dicking around.
I have missed this so much