TIPS FOR GROWING HAIR LONG
All these tips have been written and found on sjanaearp.tumblr.com
fun fact: hair is genetically programmed to grow to a certain length.
However, it will not grow that long if you do not the care of it. To keep it as healthy as possible, try some of these things:
1. Only wash it every few days. Too much washing can negatively influence the natural oil in your hair (leading to damage, and breakage)
2. brushing your hair has been proved to stimulate the production of your hairs natural oils as well as realign the root (apparently helping growth potential).
3. Resist using heat tools on your hair! Singing your hair with a straightener, curler, crimper or any other fancy schnazzy heating device designed to change your hairs appearance or volume, try stay away from! It is okay to use them on occasion, but be aware that the heat does singe, break and damage your hair.
4. bleach and dye is a sure way to break, damage and kill your hair. Stay away from them. Not only are they full or harmful chemicals, but there are also studies showing these dye’s and bleaches to be carcinogenic (potentially Cancer causing)
5. You can try invest in a good leave in conditioner, hair treatment or moroccan oil to use in your hair after a shower. This should help keep it healthy and shiny
6. if possible, avoid hairbands. The elastic can cause your hair to snap/break
7. Try to change your shampoo&conditioner every few months. One shampoo and conditioner will never always work, and you can usually tell when its time to swap brands for a while because your hair doesn’t respond as well to the product. Swap brands for a while, and you can swap back if you like after a few weeks or months; your hair does like the change.
8. Let your hair dry naturally! avoid blowdryers!
9. Food! Your diet plays a large role in hair health believe it or not!! So foods high in omega-3 are great for your hair! things like salmon, walnuts, fish oil, coconut oil etc. Some other good foods are spinach, oysters, lentils, blueberries, greek yoghurt, strawberries, tomatoes,cottage reese, roccoli, dark leafy greens, chicken, fish, pork, beef and sweet potatoes (all for varying reasons/nutrients they contain, e.g; protein, zinc, selenium, sulphur, iron, folate, vitamin s B, C and D etc etc
10. The age old trim. Trimming your hair every 6-12 weeks has been linked with overall hair growth! Ensuring it is healthy leads to a better growth rate as it does not split/break off.